Click here if you are having website access problems ×

angle speedo drive

Westfield

Off topic but does anyone know where I can get a 90 degree angle drive for a ford 5 speed gearbox? My mate has a Pilgrim kit car and is on his fourth speedo cable. Due to the close proximity of the transmission tunnel the cable ends up with a very sharp bend - hence it keeps breaking inner cables. Any other suggestions how to overcome this would be welcome.

Thanks

Tony

Not a Pilgrim 'Bulldog' by any chance? The Co. have been hammered in the Kit Car press for poor service and back up.

Anyway, I have found that there are two 90* angle drives. One is for VDO instruments, and the other, I presume, is for all non VDO units!

The thing is, the angle drive section is mounted above or below the output (if viewing the drive from the side of the g/box) and they have different speedo cable retaining collar threads!!!

Which type does your friend have ?

Chris

Its a Bulldog FT (Family Tourer) with a Sierra 2lt engine and five speed box. The instruments are Smiths but the cable is a standard Sierra one which is retained by a circlip.

I guess that any angle drive would be OK providing he could source a speedo cable that would fit.

Who is the supplier, it would probably be better to let him deal direct rather than through me.

Thanks for your reply. By he way, do they use them on a Caterham?

Regards

Tony

The type you want is available from Speedy Cables, but you will need a Cortina screw on cable since the right angle drive's output has a thread..

Speedy Cables

Head office, and cable division

Unit 14, Merchant Drive

Hertford SG13 7AZ

01992 581600

Instrument Division

Abercrave

Swansea

SA9 1SQ

01639 732213

Oily