Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine Upgrade??

Snapper

I am about to collect my new 1.6k Superlight teeth.gif and when the warranty runs out I was thinking about having the Minister 165bhp upgrade confused.gif.

Has any one had this done to their cars? What was it like? Did it transform the car? If so was it worth the money, at just over £ 3,600? Like most things in life where you gain a little you generally lose a little. So was there a down side question.gif

New Superlight arrives in Januaryteeth.gif, Days to wait are getting few!!!

Edited by - Snapper on 29 Dec 2001 19:51:15

I have a 1.6k SL, got it in Sep 2000.

I managed to run for 7 months before I messed arround with the engine!

I first fitted Jenvey DTH TBs and Lumenition ECU, this gave me just under 20bhp gain.

This cost me 1650ukp inc rolling road session. I fitted the TBs myself, quite easy to do if you have the correct instructions. The car was certainly faster and had more low down torque, I raised the ign cut to 8,000rpm also so this gave me the legs on a std SL 1600.

After running in this form for the summer I have decided to take the engine tune further. Feel free to e-mail me at simon_d_scott@hotmail.com to discuss this.

As I have never used a car with a Minster conversion on it it is hard to say what it is like, but if you are willing to get your hands dirty you could get more bhp than 165 for 3600ukp, I would say over 180.

X777CAT