Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Black GRP nose

Archie Procter

yes, with the petrol and time to pick it up from Sevenoaks I felt it had gone too high for a 2nd hand one.

At least you're not looking for a carbon one, I saw one on ebay last week for a major amount of cash!

Have Caterham got any black ones in BTW? When I was trying to buy wings back in September they had nothing at all in black.

Andrew

Ah. I haven't actually checked availability as I was still hoping to find one in time...

I had better make some enquiries - incidentally, Gary May at Freestyle pointed out that they'd changed the design of the area around the lower mounts a month or two back...

Carbon is a waste for me because the nose of my 7 gets anonymously crunched at least once a year where I currently keep it.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• 2 weeks later...

more info on nose cone:

From 2002 supersport, green with yellow noseband. Includes bonnet badge and dzus clips. Gently reversed into by kindly gentleman in Micra. 2 short cracks from front grill mounting holes and 2 more short cracks on either side from anti-roll bar cutouts. Ends of cracks drilled out so have not grown. Structually OK - I kept it on the car for 6 months before replacing it. Would suit race / track car or even a good spare for touring or winter use!

Thanks Adam *thumbup* - I really need a black one as the rest of the car will be black by the end of the month and all the plastic is black already. I resprayed my yellow one but it doesn't look that great so I'm after one that's black already!

Why not try advertising the nose, padding, wheels etc on both the Roadsports and Grads forums here and www.graduates.org.uk? For the latter you'll need to email the webmaster (Jamie) the details as you're not a member, but I'm sure you'll shift it all in double quick time on one of these.

Andrew