Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BDR + novice questions

martin b

Having received tentative approval from SWMBO to have a go at sprinting next season I have a few questions 🤔

What class would a standard(AFAIK) BDR be in

I think I have a grasp of list 1a & b tyres so would it be class 2 or 3?

I will need an approved helmet and clothing, would it be better (cheaper!) to go to the Autosport show or via GPR? how would I contact our man inside?

Could someone post up roughly where the venues are?

Lots more questions to come i'm sure.

Whoever came last in Class 3(probably) be prepared to move up a place.

This all may be rescinded when she wakes up *eek* from her alcoholic haze.

Are there shopping trips planned adjacent to venues or are they all testosterone filled 😬

Ta

Martin

Martin

I'll leave the comment on classes to Mark Durrant. However, the class that you run is purely technical. Come and join the sprinters next year and you will never regret it 😬

The man to contact at GPR is Rob Herring on 0208 987 9999. He is based in the GPR shop in Chiswick. GPR will have a stand at the Autosport show and will, I believe, be giving a discount on all purchases.

(I have no commercial connection with GPR - only genetic *eek*)

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

OK - I'll start you off with a few venues, and others can add those i've missed:

Curborough - just outside Lichfield

Llandow - Slightly west of Cardiff near Cowbridge

Pembrey - Go past Llandow until you hit the sea I think?

MIRA - Near Nuneaton

Cadwell Park - on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds by Horncastle

Loton Park - Near Shrewsbury

Shelsley Walsh - Sort of Cheltenham way I think?

Best way to work it out is to take my house in bedfordshire as a start point, and you'll find all the venues are miles away 😬 I seem to live in a black hole of motorsport I think.

Hope this helps

Steve

There are plenty of sprints in the SE(ish) if you don't want to drive huge distances to do the L7Club events. Some cracking venues, such as Lydden, Goodwood, Longcross and Hethel, and some slightly less-than-cracking-but-good-for-the-beginner (such as North Weald). For some calendars see here, here and here.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing the L7Club champs., just making you aware of all the possibilities.

Mike

Hi All

Sorry for delay, skiing holiday *smile*

Yes a BDR is a twin cam, but regs I saw said something about twin cams in class 2 & 3 🤔

Mike, cheers for links, will look tomorrow *thumbup*

Prob stick with L7 sprints at least to start with as I haven't got a clue what i'm doing and all seem friendly (so far)

Happy New Year

Martin

• Area Representative

Martin,

Don't worry about who's in what class.

Sprinting is about DRIVING first and cars second. Just come and have a go! There are a fair mix in each class of cars and ability.

What tyres are you running at the moment? That will decide for you what class to run in!