Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T GPS craddle suction cup

robert green

*mad*Can anyone pass on any tips for getting a suction cup that holds my PDA GPS system onto the windscreen to stick and hold. It works fine in the summer when all is warm, but at this time of year it is always falling off. I have tried warming the cup before attaching to the screen, but it promptly falls off once it has cooled or any weight is applied. Without warming it won't stick at all!

Any tips you have from caterham rear view mirrors etc would be greatly appreciated! *wink*

• Support Team

Could it possibly be slight condensation on the cold screen that is stopping the suction cup from making perfect contact. Try wiping the area with a dry cloth before attaching the suction cup. When fitting a rear view mirror it is essential to get the area spotlessly clean and dry before attaching the adhesive pad so I guess this might similarly apply to a suction cup.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

If it's for the 7.

I've made a 'cradle' that velcros on to the scuttle with velcro on the top of the cradle part. The underside of the Road Angel has smooth velcro under it (either side of the magnetic circle)

It sticks like Sh!t to a blanket and hasn't come loose on the 7 (yet) 😬

Also the velcro doesnt affect the mounting in the tintop *thumbup*

rog

C7 TNT - it's Dynamite!(Honda Irish Green and Peugeot Graphite grey)

Used to have the one on the iPAQ fall off a lot until it eventually fell once too often. I missed catching it, and it landed on its teminals and pushed the plug into the iPAQ. End of that one!!!

Found that the new TomTomGO '500' one I bought doesn't shift at all come rain or shine.