Click here if you are having website access problems ×

k-series heater hoses

stephen grant

• Support Team

Just checked the assembly manual and the correct way is as mine with the thermostat connected to the upper heater outlet and the water rail connected to the lower one. I can't see it making that much difference though.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

My cars got a bleed tee in the water rail to heater hose and this is the high point on the circuit. Suppose you could fit it on the thermostat side though?

Doesn't the same logic apply to the heater as for the rad i.e. hot connection to the top?

Bozz

It's not MANGO it's TANGO (McLaren Orange and Black 1.6SS)

Shaun

Are you sure?

I'm almost 100% certain that the coolant flow is the other way through the bypass

i.e. water rail to heater valve and then to the thermostat

But please prove me wrong.

Bozz

• Support Team

Not sure at all - I've never seen a definitive description of the water flow ina K *confused*. I have read this and as usual some disagreement but it would seem that I am wrong and the water flows from water rail to heater and then to thermostat.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 19 Dec 2005 13:42:48

yes please.

Bricol concurs with Shaun_E; that the top hose should be attached to the thermostat, as per the build manual. My car is plumbed as Bozz's is; ie, the other way round. I've also got a bleed tee in the upper hose, as Bozz has. But I'm worried that this flow is the wrong way round. Although I still can't see why it would matter.

I guess that it's difficult to argue with what's in the manual?

stephen

I've checked 2 or 3 photo's of other sevens that I've got in my archives and must admit that the bypass goes from the water rail to the top of the heater *confused* Can't understand why or even if it makes any difference. 🤔

Bozz

• 3 weeks later...

Charles

Thanks for the link, very interesting particularly the bit about the small ball valve in the expansion tank hose to inlet manifold line.

My link was just supposed to show that even on the CC SL press car the water rail is connected to the top of the heater which is contrary to the build manual *confused*

Bozz

It's not MANGO it's TANGO and it's grounded