Click here if you are having website access problems ×

which exhaust for an SV

neil.cavanagh

I fitted a Powerspeed 4-2-1 to my 1600SS SV in March. I think it is briliant and certainly improves the drivability on th road. Priced at just under £1k including cat & vat. I have done many track days this year with noise in the 96 - 98dB range but today I failed the static test (at 4850rpm) at Goodwood at 101dB 🙆🏻.

They say the cold weather was a factor , but I was very surprised. I'll have a look inside the can tomorrow to see if it is [seasonal lack of] a stuffing problem

Large viperblue/yellow 1.6 S/S

adrain,

I failed the static test at goodwood this time last year at about 101db. I went for a blast up the hill to the race course and back. When re-tested I was then 97db!! The difference was due to the engine not being properly warmed up the first time aroudn. This was with the standard CC exhaust.

I'm being tempted down the powerspeed route at the moment... I'll talk to them monday morning and see what they can do. Having some fettling done so its easy to re-fit the durrent exhasut/silencer with its cat sounds like a good move.