Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R300 For Sale

frankyknuckles

A1 condition R300 for sale. Built by myslef and serviced by myslef with no expense spared. Two years old with 10,000 miles.

SVA'd and road registered in March 2004.

Fully specced and at a bargain price for quick sale.

Specification

R300

Aztec Orange

'Caged' FIA Race Cage

Caterham 8 Spoke Anthracite Wheels (8.5" rear / 6.5" front)

Yokohama A048R tyres (205/60/13 Medium rear 185/60/13 Soft front)

Activa carbon fibre rear wings

Carbon fibre pedal box cover

Rear Wheel Protection Bar - Colour Coded

7" Caterham Stainless Steel Repackable Silencer and de-cat pipe

Limited Slip Diff

Dry Sump

Stack Display

Orange SAMCO Silicone coolant hoses

Keyless Ignition

Starter Button

Battery M/S

Aero Filler Cap

Note that car no longer has headlights / front indicators or brackets

Engine

MBE Remap by Steve Greenald Track n Road

Verniers and throttle body setup by Dave Andrews

Inlet cam - Lift at TDC .070" (70 thou) lobe centre/full lift at 106 degrees ATDC

Exhaust cam - Lift at TDC .055" (55 thou) lobe centre/full lift at 110 degrees BTDC

Full specification can be seen on the web page here

www.r300.net/index.php?name=PNphpB

and full build diary with loads of pictures is available here

www.r300.net/index.php?name=PNphpB

BJ Minno Trailer also available £1000 (trailer only available with sale of car).

Long ramps

Large tool box

high level tyre rack

triple lock hitch

spare wheel

rear load supports

new jockey wheel

front wheel chocks

4 x tie down straps

2 x 20litre jerry cans

Edited by - frankyknuckles on 25 Feb 2006 15:15:09

f knows *confused* They say that they are holding too much stock and are not prepared to 'sit on the money', all this dispite me wanting to put a grand down on a new order for June delivery. If they clear stock, they 'might' be interested *confused* Surely they have capacity to hold an excellent second hand car against a new sale?

I'm very dissapointed by the whole scenario. Never before have I been refused part ex on any other car I have ever owned.

www.R300.net

Won't they do sale or return? I know it doesn't (immediately) put money in your pocket but it does mean you can continue to advertise the car privately whilst benefiting from the exposure of having the car in Caterham's stock. And, given it doesn't impact on their cashflow, they should have no reason not to do it...

Maybe the R300/400 is now a dead donkey ?

Caterham dont want to be loaded with an expensive, low powered deceased model in the showrooms - maybe they think the market is dead for a high cost k series car given the new model(s?) soon to be launched with duratec engines.

*arrowup*not a nice thought or opinion I know, but maybe its true ☹️

they think the market is dead for a high cost k series car given the new model(s?) soon to be launched with duratec engines

There'll still be a fair old price difference between what Frankie's asking for his car and what the new models will be. On that basis there should be a market for it. Probably just the time of year....

Sorry mate, that's not going to happen. I'm quite happy with the silencing properties of the exhaust I have. From all the posts in tech talk about 4-2-1, I think I'll leave it as it is. If I do do anything to the collector, it will simply be to have a lambda thread put into it for better readings when re-mapping.

www.R300.net

FK - I heard a while ago CC wouldn't be taking any cars with the Superlight cages as they don't shift, the limited market I guess. I looked into selling my SLR with Emerald (and the full cage) but they reckoned they would never take a car that wasn't standard. *eek*

FK - I heard a while ago CC wouldn't be taking any cars with the Superlight cages as they don't shift, the limited market I guess. I looked into selling my SLR with Emerald (and the full cage) but they reckoned they would never take a car that wasn't standard. *eek*