Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spotted Sheffield

GregP

Saturday lunchtime, Brocco Bank, just off Hunters Bar roundabout, ali & green, possibly x-flow, looked very nice *thumbup*

Thank you whoever you were, you inspired me to dash straight home and take mine out for a quick blat around the Peaks, great day for it and one of the best blats of the year 😬

Yes I do, just off Carterknowle road, near the Prince of Wales Pub, about half a mile from where I saw you. Are you based nearby? I only moved down to Sheffield a few months ago, not seen many other Caterhams in the area.

I've got a Grads spec vx classic that can usually be seen terrorising Ecclesall Road very early at weekends in search of optimax before heading out to the Peaks 😬 I guess I should get along to an area meet sometime, would be good to get to know any local 7ers for the odd group blat *thumbup*

I know only too well. It's Rachel Green's 2002 championship winner bought last year with every intention of racing but a wedding and house purchase that proved much more expensive than xpected kind of got in the way and it was all I could do to hang onto the car. There is an outside chance that I could scrape a budget together for the odd outing this coming year if I manage enough brownie points. SWMBO has just allowed me to buy a new tow-car so things are looking up *thumbup*

cool - is that a black car? That would make 3 - what with mine turning black and Chip's...

Have you seen the calendar here, there's some great circuits including Brands, Oulton and a double-header at Spa!

The pre-season trackday is at Oulton on 4 March - why not come along (and bring SWMBO... my g/f really enjoys going racing)... *smile*

It can best be described as 'black and gravel-rash' 😬

I could be seriously tempted by the pre-season track day to see if I can hold my own with all you seasoned pro's in Grads. Not done Oulton before so it could be a good one to do. Actually, I do SWMBO a disservice, she is addicted to trackdays, is making me fit an adjustable seat so she can drive the thing and knows I have to get racing out of my system at some point.

Tell me about it Roger, can't do Carterknowle road at all, had to devise a lengthy route around the houses to pop out on Ecclesall.

I annoyed my wife no end as I rejected house after house when we were looking to move if the road wasn't '7 friendly' *smile*

Greg, I live in Sheffield, up in Crookes, but I'm renting a garage just a few hundred yards from hunters bar roundabout (no garage at house)

I'm currently working in Bristol in the week and only in Sheffield at the weekends. I'm an engineering student in Sheffield and currently on a placement year out at Rolls Royce you see.

Unfortunatly I'm going back to visit family this weekend otherwise I would have asked if you wanted to go out on a blat. Sometime in the new year perhaps?

What's your preferred route 🤔

Mine is currently Sheffield *arrowright* Glossop *arrowright* Holm valley *arrowright* Sheffield *thumbup*

Joe

Edited by - joseph on 14 Dec 2005 13:14:11

Joe, great idea, certainly up for a blat in the new year. My e-mail is down at the moment but I'll drop you a blatmail with my details and we can get something sorted out.

I haven't found a favourite route as such yet. I have a regular 20 mile lap out up Ecclesall Road, round Grindleford and back via Hathersage for quick blats, for longer ones I tend to head out towards Ladybower.

I could be seriously tempted by the pre-season track day to see if I can hold my own with all you seasoned pro's in Grads. Not done Oulton before so it could be a good one to do. Actually, I do SWMBO a disservice, she is addicted to trackdays, is making me fit an adjustable seat so she can drive the thing and knows I have to get racing out of my system at some point.

It will be my first time at Oulton too - you can show me the way round *thumbup*. I'll post on here when it appears on the BaT website. You'll have to be quick to book as I expect the places will go very fast, and it will probably be Grads club members only, but if you say you've got Rachel's old car and you're going to be a member, it may well get you in *smile* Alternatively get your race licence if you haven't got it and sign up!

With BaT 2nd drivers and passengers are included in the price and last year they did a couple of half hour novice sessions so SWMBO can have a go with all the other SWMBO's if she wants!! 😬

Blatmail if you want any more info about anything to do with Grads racing, there are a few of us and a few ex-Grads on here as you've probably spotted *thumbup*