Click here if you are having website access problems ×

dry sump pulley bolt

robmar

Whilst stripping the engine of all anicarys in preparation for winter upgardes I took the front pulley of the dry sump pump (gold) so I could get easier access tot he 2 cap head bolts on the front of the cradle

but after it was off, I tried to put the pullet back on, and I cannot get the bolt more than finger tight, as (as you would expect with hindsight ☹️) it just rotates the pump...

so how do you get this bolt tight *confused*

rob

My MSN Space and Blog - Syndicate Using RSS

Hmmm....not sure I'd agree with that.

I've got exactly the same set up and once lost the belt and pulley due to the bolt coming loose. I was in traffic on the way to Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of years ago. Luckily shut down immediately and managed to find the pulley some 30 yards down the road.

My 'roadside repair' was to replace the pulley, loctite in the bolt and use a screwdriver inside the pump (take off the top oil pipe) to stop the pump spinning. Not had the problem since.

• Support Team

Rob - sometimes holding the pulley works (e.g. with screwdriver through the holes) but I found that the pump rotors can still rotate. You might need to take the oil pipe off the top and use a screwdriver or similar through the hole to stop the rotors from rotating - obviously be careful as you don't want to damage them.

Yellow SL *cool* #32