Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Llandow pre season shakedown trackday - NOW FULLY BOOKED

Jason Plato

Well you have probably still got your car in bits making those winter upgrades ? , or maybe the car is hidden away under a blanket for the winter ? , well the start of a new season will be upon us before you know it

Once again to open the year I have organised a trackday at Llandow circuit near Cardiff to check out those upgrades and to break us in gently to another hectic season .

Last years event was sold out, and all those who managed to get a place were treated to a an excellent day day with sun and tee shirts , a few new faces were also introduced to the great Caterhams circuit that is Llandow .

So details for the day ..........

Where is it ?? - Llandow , near Cardiff.

When ? - Saturday 25th March

Who's going ? - Members of Lotus 7 club driving Caterham and Lotus 7's only ( sorry to anyone else )

How many of us ?- Entries are strictly limited to 40 drivers to ensure you have a safe enjoyable day .

How much ? - a very reasonable price of just £70 per driver , shared cars must pay for 2 drivers etc (Sadly the price has gone up by £5 owing to increase in insurance and general staffing / overheads costs )

What format ? - Open pit lane , but we will run sessions for the first hour .

What time ? - a gentle start , sign on at 8.30 am onwards ,briefing at 9.30am , track opens at 10am , short lunch and then circuit closes at 5pm .

How noisy ? - 105Db drive by . But my bet is the meter will be broken!!

Do I need a FIA bar ? - no , this trackday is run by Llandow circuit ltd , you do need a helmet and covered arms and legs

I want to come , How do I pay ?

Send me a cheque payable to "Llandow circuit " plus a self addressed & Stamped envelope

Send it to me : Dave Jackson, 8 Holland Close, Rogerstone, Newport, Gwent, NP10 0AU .

I will then send you a reciept which I ask you to bring on the day .

If you book and then are unable to come , sorry but refunds are not available . If you transfer your place to another person please inform me.

A few serious things to note ! - This trackday is being run by Llandow Circuit Ltd , it is in no way connected to the Lotus 7 club .In 2002 someone lied to their insurance company and told them it was a club organised trackday day - it is not . Please check with your own insurance company if applicable - Llandow circuit are on the Edgar lawson list of approved trackday operators as far as I know - but please check yourself.

The day is organised for the benifit and enjoyment of lotus 7 club members and caterham drivers only, please respect this .

I am making no profit from this and have no connection with Llandow circuit , the trackdays are part of a overall deal to secure the circuit for our club sprint which this year Gambo is organising .

If you have any questions , I will attempt to reply asap .

So get on and book it

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 6 Jan 2006 16:03:31

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 13 Jan 2006 18:21:16

Don't think so Dave, otherwise I will probabaly end up ripping the gear lever out of the Busa trying to push it sideways at some point in a blind panic late braking moment 😬 😬

I will be sure to keep an eye on the mirrors whilst getting to understand the car's handeling foibles, just in case there are any stray Welsh men on a mission trying to get past though *thumbup* *thumbup*

• Area Representative

Dave,

Mick Cooke will be sending the cheque off this weekend for both of us - well I hope so as I paid him! Plus there's another one or two local lads probably wanting to book in *thumbup*

Cheers

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dave,

I know it is now fully booked, but it still possible to get a second driver in?

I am already booked, but my 2nd driver (disorganised daughter!!) has failed to apply - now my job of course and says she will pay me back - my 🙆🏻!!

Anyway - any chance?

Mike