Click here if you are having website access problems ×

L'Isle Jourdain, Gers France

Wile7

A really pretty white caterham 1700 supersprint on an English plate with a rather dapper looking chap driving. Seen outside a bloody large plate glass window in the highstreet.....

...oops 😳. It was me. Doh 😬

Wile aka Dave Ardley. White Supersprint with Clams and developing the art of steering with my stomach a bit too quickly for my liking...

My current Car album here

• 1 month later...

A really pretty white caterham 1700 supersprint on an English plate with a rather dapper looking chap driving. Seen outside a bloody large plate glass window in the highstreet.....

Bugger 😳 - its that same bloody window again. Sorry *wink*

aka Dave Ardley. White Supersprint with Clams 'Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted'

Photos here and here

GJT - sorry, playing catch up!! Yes it was at Taunton School. You were probably taught by folk like Roger Priest (worked with him recently on an inspection), Dave Hazel (Math), John (JAC!) Carrington possibly? I loved it there. Lived in Foxcombe and Wills East. Still stay in touch with colleagues who have stayed on. It was my first teaching post. Fond memories *thumbup*

Cagey - I know Aussone quite well? When was that? And when were you there/over sir?

aka Dave Ardley. White Supersprint with Clams 'Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted'

Photos here and here

Edited by - Wile7 on 19 Jan 2006 23:23:05

Bill had left GJT. John Fischer and Trevor Hill were the main Physics folk (plus David Beardman but he was a newbie then - he bought my mini pickup though!!).

Marshall was such a power house ...needed to keep people like Angus in check. I remember one day when Angus climbed the clock tower in his boxer shorts and.....doh!! Not in a public forum Mr A!!!! 😬

Photos here and here

😳 - to be fair to JAC, who I always thought was a decent chap, we got away with murder in Marshall - I think it was because the years just above us had been such a bunch of bullying vandals, we were allowed our 'little mischiefs', such as throwing stars and air rifles!! I shot a 3rd year (accidently of course 😳 *smile*) and it was just suggested that we should perhaps remove the arsenal of rifles and pistols from the Upper 6th room.

www.mycaterham.com

here

88,500 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

• Area Representative

No firearms in my day!

Eric ran a good compromise between discipline and laissez faire. Marshall always had excellent spirit for a day house, I think that partly this was Eric's driving spirit and partly the slight separation from the main school. Foxcombe had a similar feeling and Brian Hastilow created a special atmosphere at Fairwater.

I always felt there was always something slightly eccentric about us but until the Angus story I had thought that that sort of behaviour was the boarders particular bag.

John Fischer - vague memory of him.

JAC certianly taught me some English, as did Paul Wickham (odd chap).

GJT - just to confirm, I think the clock tower story from Dave is a slight fictional creation!! We got away with far worse though 😬, and totally agree about the spirit of Marshall, as you say, possibly because of the location. We built a complete extra secret floor in the upper sixth room - 'Great Escape' sort of stuff in the loft - floorboards, lighting, cushions etc etc *smile* 😳 😬

www.mycaterham.com

here

88,500 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

• 1 month later...

Angus...Angus...you can not try to pretend that your clock climbing routine did not exist 😬. OK, I made it up 😳

Did you ever do the sponsored absail down the tower? I did twice and the second time the teacher who tied me off 'didn't' (Prescott - Geography teacher IIRC) and it was only Malcoms quick thinking that stopped me falling to my death I think *eek* *eek*

Scared all the brown stuff out of me 😬

Back on topic: Spotted

A really pretty white caterham 1700 supersprint (with mild water tide markings on the outside) on an English plate with a rather dapper looking chap driving. Seen outside a bloody large plate glass window in the highstreet.....

Doh! It's that window again 😳 *tongue* 😬

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

'I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members'

Photos here

Dave,

If it makes you happy, you have been spotted (by proxy).

One of my Girlfriends french friends, who lives in L'Isle Jourdain, told her she spotted a white Caterham. Not sure when it was, but it is a legal spotted.

• 3 years later...