Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

2lt Zetec Jetting

philwaters

Just trying to get as many opinions as possible for the above so any suggestions guy's?

I have the following two specs at the moment and as the chokes are different and expensive I am hoping to pick the right size first time out.

36mm Chokes,

145 Mains,

F9/F16/F2 Emulsion - I have F16's already

180 Air

50F9 Idle - I have already

40 Pump

And

34mm Chokes,

125 Mains,

F16 Emulsion (good as its expensive to buy 4!)

155 Air,

60F9 Idle

50 Pump.

Phil Waters

1600 X/flow - soon to be 2000 Zetec wink.gif

Just done exactly this but my engine has the Kent FZ2002 cams, other than that its standard, I used a Weber Alpha ignition only ECU. The carbs (45 DCOE) as fitted were off my 1800 x-flow all I did was inexpertly set the idle screws and rebalance them. The engine was only run to 4500 rpm (at John Nobles) on a moderate load as I want to bed in the cams, shells etc and change the oil before we do a top end check and power run. I was surprised as other than expertly set the idle screws and balance the carbs he changed nothing, not a thing and was extremly happy with the way it ran. His only comment was a slight woolly feeling at 2000 rpm on a very light throttle and that is probably the progression hole drilling that needs sorting, I have not driven it on the road yet so I cannot comment. The CO readings and hydrocarbons were spot on.

Chokes 36

AV 4.5

Mains 145

Emulsions F16

Airs 155

Idles 60F8

Pumps 45

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I have gone for the following for the intial running

36mm chokes

160 Air (but have my old 180's if need be)

145 Main

F16 Emulsion

50F9 Idle (simply as I have these, but it sounds like I may need some richer ones)

35 pump (again as I have these and was recommended to try before I buy)

Just got to wait till the new year to get them now... might just be enough time to finish the rest of the engine - maybe.

Phil Waters

1600 X/flow - soon to be 2000 Zetec wink.gif