Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bit dropped out of dizzy!

Robster

This is a long shot! Have just taken the dizzy out of my Xflow, it is the new 'aldon' unleaded one, and a tiny (about 6/7mm long) 'V' shaped bit fell out/off it. It looks like it is made from 'spring metal'..like the clips that hold the cap on. The ends of the 'V' are pointed...I havn't a clue what it is or where it came from. The dizzy seems to work OK, although not in the car at the moment, the weights inside are secure. Does anyone know what this bit may be, or perhaps it is from something completely different and happened to fall there! The clips holding the cap on are loose...but appear to be that way normally.

Any ideas??

I think maybe this v shaped spring clip fits inside the bottom of the metal clips to keep the cap secured to the distributor body.The metal clips slide into the slots on the side of the distributor body,then the v shaped clips fit into the lower end of these,holding them in place.If it is any consolation mine drop out every time I remove the cap.Bullman.

Bullman

What Bullman says has got to be the correct answer. There is nothing inside that matches the description.

They are very prone to dropping out and being lost. The solution is to drill through the lug that locates the end of the cap clips and lock wire them in place. Then you don't need the 'v' shaped clips.