Click here if you are having website access problems ×

elderly gentleman requires more ooomph

Mr G

• Support Team

My 1.9 with a solid cammed VVC head will be hitting Emeralds rollers tomorrow - I'll report the results when I get back. I've been running it in for the last 3 weeks and it is very tractable - in fact it's easier to drive than it was as a 1.6SS. I've been running restricted revs and have yet to take it over 5000rpm so don't know what it is really capable of but overtaking is effortless in most situations. I'm expecting to be scared witless when I can use all 8000rpm.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Hi Shaun,

Shaun' engine is using BP285H cams which should give peak power just below 8000, with his balanced bottom end and forged pistons with VHPD rods the the engine is capable of spinning much higher but he has quite sensibly chosen cams which keep the engine well in the comfort zone. These, with a properly ported VVC head and TBs should give 205-210BHP on an 1800. It will be interesting to see what they give on a 1900.

Oily

P.S. I have the battery box from your Seat here Shaun...

Edited by - oilyhands on 23 Nov 2005 19:32:12

• Support Team

See my post here for discussion of the results but basically 227bhp @8000rpm and about 167lbft at about 6750rpm - I'd say that is a pretty good result.

Dave - I'll pick up the battery box next time I'm in your part of the world - I hadn't even realised I'd left it behind.

Yellow SL *cool* #32