Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Big Welsh weekend of Speed

Gambo

Just a quick hello, to introduce myself to those who do not know me and to big up next years big Welsh weekend of speed at Llandow. After 4 years in charge Dave Jackson has decided to move on and I’m running the weekend of speed for 2006 *eek*. The dates will be 29th 30th April 2006. Keep you eyes out it Low flying for the regs.

I’m hoping to persuade Dave to take over the weather duties for the weekend 😬

So all you sprinters out there book it in. And I’ll be running the prize of free entry to the following years sprint to the best novice. Llandow is a great track for novices, so if any blatchatters are sitting on the fence, come to Llandow, it’s early in the season. You will be bitten by the sprinting bug. Also the best female on the day will receive 1 years membership to the BARC Free . I know this post is early but It’ll soon come round. Just Had my licence renewal. 😬

GAMBO

RED 2.0 HPC now on throttle bodies *thumbup*

Only the other day Mark asked me to book him in for one of the excellent Saga coach tours of cathedrals in the home counties (not too much walking required) with the additional attraction of expert tuition on brass rubbing.

I think maybe he is trying for early membership to get a discount later on 😬 😬 😬

So far I have ignored his pleas to regain his lost youth by pharmaceutical means.

Mike (oh God, not Longcross again!!)

• 1 month later...

Gambo

The Calendar is nearing completion but is still be finalised and until this is complete entry forms will not appear in Low Flying. I hope to be a position to confirm the dates next week and I will then publish the Calendar on here and on Competitors Korner. I will also arrange for a Championship Registration Form to appear in Low Flying and hopefully this will be in time for the February issue.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

• 4 weeks later...

The weekend is based at llandow circuit and includes a open pit lane trackday on Saturday followed by a sprint on Sunday - the second round of the club championship . Both events are open to members of the lotus 7 club driving Caterham and lotus 7's.

The entry forms for the Sprint will appear in Low Flying and on Blatchat . The entries to the trackday are first offered to the Sprint entrants and then released to all others .

This year the whole weekend is organised by Richard "Gambo" Gambling - contact details are in the back of low flying in the calendar .

The entry requirements for the sprint are published in the competitors section of the home page . roll bars , licence , overalls, helmet etc etc

The entry requirements for the trackday are normal driving license, helmet , arms and legs covered , brain in cardboard box provided - it is run to the rules of Llandow circuit not the lotus 7 club.

hope this helps

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

South Wales AO *thumbup*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 7 Feb 2006 16:18:41

CHeers Dave *thumbup* could not have put it better myself.

Not sure why form was not in this months low flying *confused*, but Keep it in mind, as soon as they get out there send 'em in to me. It promises to be a great weekend as has always been. *thumbup* 😬

RED 2.0 HPC now on throttle bodies *thumbup*