Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

o/t Rental property - Surrey

caterhamnut

Angus, Gill and I have been through the 'search for a house to rent' in the South twice in the last year, so you need to have a look at these websites

here

here

here

and if all else fails try Fish4 but we found it a carp website.......

For us, in order of suitable properties listed they were Rightmove, Primelocation and FindaProperty but then we wanted 4 beds, garage (pref double), plenty of parking with wide access, large garden and would take two large dogs.

We printed off and rang for 'missing' details (like are pets OK? etc) or to find out availability on 147 houses and ended up viewing 49 of them *eek* it took 4 months and 5,000 miles to find a place we could call 'home' rather than just squeeze all our stuff into and be fed up about for a year or two.....

Check out which agencies seem to come up with the sort of property you want in the area you want and REGISTER with them otherwise they have a tendency to let registered people know about houses before they go on the website (the above ones or even their own) *mad* 🙆🏻

Oh, and be creative when you put your search criteria in as we sometimes found houses not coming up when they should have so once a week I'd do a search with no criteria except Min rent per month + Max rent per month + a larger area just to sweep up any stragglers *wink*

Oh, and don't get too frustrated that :

1) the house isn't available anymore 'cos it was rented out over 2 years ago!! *mad*

2) they don't get back to you if you've left a message *mad*

and 3) the lettings dept don't work on Saturdays *confused* 🙆🏻

Good luck *wink* 😬

My flat in Woking is let out through Manners (they advertise on some of the sites linked above). From the landlord's view they're pretty good.

(unfortunately my flat is in the middle of a 12 month contract at present, so not available!)

2 bed flats in Woking start at £650, but with a garage you're probably looking at something in the £800 region. Try the "grange" development - friend of mine used to live there. Reasonable sized flats & small houses with garage and parking, plus it's only about 10 mins walk to the station. And there are a lot of properties in there, so usually some available.

R