Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2001 Zetec 7 Green and yellow

Sandy

Cant decide wether to sell and upgrade or just upgrade, so need to guage level of interest in my Caterham?

2001 Live Axle 2l Zetec of the following spec;

Green with yellow nose stripe

2.0l Zetec on twin 45's

Q plate, ital axle with uprated half shafts (Caterham ready English casing avail seperately)

Tax Feb 06, MOT Sep 06

7500miles Built by Ford Engineer (All receipts with sale)

First reg Sep 01, 1 previous owner (I purchased in Feb 03 and it had then covered only 750miles)

AVO asjustable freestyle dampers, 6 months old (Recently flat floored by Gary May)

14" compomotives c/w Yoko 32r's, 5mm tread

Leather S Type seats c/w luke 4 point harnesses

Aliminium anodised screen c/w Full high viz weather gear

FIA bar c/w strut

Battery master cut off switch

CF cycle wings, stone guards and cills

Small black headlamps c/w uprated bulbs

Removeable momo steering wheel

Big red starter

Spare wheel carrier removed (carrier and 5th wheel to go with the car)

Options that may be offered to buyer; (i.e. if they are on the car I buy!)

Tillet seats in lieu of S Types

Removeable aero c/w spa convex mirrors

Half doors

Tonneau

I think thats about it? Am looking for OIRO £10,500

PM with email address for photo's or any questions?

Please! dont post just to express an interest in half doors etc I am trying to sell the car. In the unlikely event they come available I will re-post

Its not the days in your life ..........But the LIFE in your days!! ;0))

Noted, although this is about my car not Petrolheads. They are VERY different cars with very different levels of spec and condition.

If there is interest then I'll negotiate on price for mine to its current market value

If not then i'll enjoy it continue to upgrade *wink*

Its not the days in your life ..........But the LIFE in your days!! ;0))

I know it is a different time of year but FWIW, I sold my similarly specced '97 Q plate 7 albeit with more grunt, on TB's and with Ford axle in July last year for nearly 13k so I don't think that price is too unreasonable. Interestingly, at the time, there was another Zetec car available which was way cheaper than mine and similarly, people posted on my thread comparing the price of my car with that one, quite rudely IMO.

As it happens, the buyer judged the condition of mine, made up his own mind and bought my car within a week of it going on sale. The much cheaper car was still up for sale a few months later IIRC

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Had Sandy not invited expressions of interest rather than saying "this is for sale and this is the price", I would not have commented. Just trying to be helpful and Petrols car seems to me to say everything about the market at present time.

I bought my 1400 '96 6 speed supersport at the start of the year for 9k which I thought was a bit of a bargain. Realistically if I wanted to sell it now I would probably be looking at 8-8.5k. Selling is all about market comparables hence my comment even allowing for the cars being different and we all know that non std cars are more tricky to sell.

No intention to be rude and apologies if that's how it came over.

Sorry jono, I didn't mean to imply you were being rude, that was just a throwaway comment relating to my own thread last year and probably badly worded. 😳

I can see where you are coming from about the state of the market but I was simply commenting that just because 1 car isn't selling at a certain price, it doesn't mean to say that others won't. It can depend on many factors apart from price,.............condition, spec, geographic location etc, etc. *thumbup*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬