Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Source for Lambda probe mounting boss

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I need to get a boss for the Lambda probe put into the collector of my exhaust system before I get the engine mapped - I will also need a plug for the existing hole in primary 4.

Can anyone suggest a good source for this, preferably near to Slough? Is it a standard bit that any exhaust place will have or will I have to order it specially?

As usual I have left this to the last minute so need to get it done today or tomorrow (or Tuesday at a push).

thanks,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Dave M - as Dave J says, it is better to have the Lambda probe taking an average reading rather than an individual cylinder. For example if cylinder 4 is running a bit richer than the others and the fueling is backed off across the board, then one of the other cylinders could end up running lean - at least thats how I understand the risks. The Lambda probe is only required for the mapping session as it is normal to NOT run the Emerald in closed loop. Emerald use their own wide band Lambda sensor for the mapping session so no need to extend the wires of your existing one.

Off to Emerald on Wednesday so will post results when I get back.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 17 Nov 2005 11:57:06