Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VHPD Forged Pistons, Rods and Liners

Richard Anderson

VHPD Pistons, rods and matched liners taken from my SLR with new rings fitted approximately 2,000 miles ago. A suitable upgrade for any 1.6 or 1.8 K which can suffer break of the lands on the pistons due to high revs, a known weakpoint on Supersport engines. Available as I am now building a 1.9k :-).

I'm looking foir £225 so if your interested either post on here, drop an email to my profile or call.......07803 615172

Rich.

Edited by - Richard Anderson on 14 Nov 2005 15:07:43

Richard,

I'm very interested in the forged pistons, again if you're splitting. I'm not that technical (read numpty) and I thought that the piston sizes were different for 1.6 than for 1.8? Will these fit a 1.6 K-series SuperSport? If they'll fit a 1.6 can I have first dibs. If you don't wish to split, and/or if Franky doesn't want the rods, can I have first dibs on the whole lot please?

Ta

Richard

Thanks for the interest guys...

First of all, I don't really want to split, as there is a danger of damaging the pistons if we have to remove the rods.

So, taking that into consideration, it seems like the bid is with Richard, if he is interested in the whole lot?

Also, I had a phonecall from Adrian Olsen who chronologically comes after Richard, if he isn't interested.

Hope that is a fair summing of the situation....

I wait to hear from Richard (ChocolateTelevision) to confirm that he would like the whole lot...

Cheers,

Rich.

Rich

Following conversations with FrankyKnuckles and Dave Andrews, it would appear to be best to back out of this and allow Adrian or Slider@7 the opportunity to buy. The rods are no good to me as they won't fit a 1.6 (as I understand it) and there are inherent risks involved in separating the pistons from the rods as you say yourself.

Good luck with the sale,

Regards,

Richard

Rich,

Thanks, but since they were intended to go in a 1.6K SS ... I'm afraid I'll have to decline ... ☹️

But, ... that could change if somebody would have a spare 1.8 short engine for sale ... *confused*

(for a 'good' price that is *tongue*)

Cheers

Edited by - Slider@7 on 16 Nov 2005 21:47:03

Richard,

Provided you can send these - either to a London address or to my Danish address. Or that you are fairly close to London, and don't mind keeping them on the shelf for a month or two (utill next time I visit your shores that is.) Payment will of course be made in advance.

I'll send you a BM later...

/regin

Thanks for the offer Mav *thumbup* ... but since the VHPD pistons are more then likely gone by now ☹️ ... I think I'll just opt for some forged pistons in my 1.6 K ... (when the times come to fit the VHPD head & PTTP TB's I already have 😬)

Edited by - Slider@7 on 18 Nov 2005 08:27:33

Slider & Mav,

If Slider wants to go this route, I shall happily back out. I haven't spoken to Richard yet (at all) but I reckon he understands. This is of course subjet to his acceptance as I have given him my word...

/regin

RJ ... gesture appreciated *wink* *thumbup*, ... but I think I'll stay with the 1.6K in which I'll put (new) forged pistons ...

At the end, the price will be the same ... but items will be new instead of used ...

(and coming from a 1.4 K SS, a 1.6 K with VHPD head, TB's and Emerald will be plenty to get used to 😬).

Thanks anyway.