Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LSD

Englishmaninwales

From what I have read recently on TechTalk - do a search and look for the most recent discussion. Its a bit long and my understanding is .....

If you realy drive hard - jump kerbs on track days and sprints etc. then its the ZF

If you need a lsd but your quite calm the the Quaife is fine.

ZF will by all accounts induce more understeer so you will more than likely have to set up your car again to reduce this. Another subject again.

By the way I have the ZF and have had no problems to date.

MY 51VEN

Give it some Welly

Edited by - NoLimits on 13 Nov 2005 09:05:44

I beleave the the ZF is the one to do for, but the ramp angle needs changing. Adrian has one in his, and was geting lots of understeer ( well that was his excuse 😬)so he went and got the ramps changed and he said it sorted out the understeer.

I am sure an expert will be along sone to tell you, whats what.

David

Malcolm,

If you're getting it primarily for sprinting get the ZF, what's the point in compromising & getting something that won't work at it's best under all track conditions.

I didn't experience any increase in understeer when I fitted my ZF but it must be modified to reduce the preload (I think to around30 lbft) otherwise it will make your car very snappy. R&R did a great job on mine while I waited, they get the modified ramps in ready to just swop over (it's Road & Race that do the developement and fettling work for the diffs that CC fit).

The other thing you hear people saying about the ZF is that it's noisey, well mine isn't, apart from the odd clonk when on light throttle - definately not an issue.

Also it's a ZF that CC fit and not a Quaife so if a torque biasing type is better surely they would fit a Quaife *confused*

BRG De-dion, 2Ltr Dunnel Zetec 165, now with slippy diff 😬