Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nurburgring tonight for three days

andygriffiths

The end of this year just gets better.A friend of mine has invited me to the ring as he knows i have never been before.I was planning on going this year but due to the amount of events time ran out ,so i had given up on the idea, so this is a real bonus.We are meeting two other cars on the way and meeting some friends of his over there and one of them just happens to be celebrating his birthday so it would only be fair to raise a few glasses for the occasion 😬

GRIFF

Hi Dave,the answer is amazing.The guy who i went with had an m3 csl and had competed in the 24 hour race there for the last five years except for this year.He finished 15th last year ahead of some factory teams and has instructed there in the past,so he was an ideal tour guide 😬.The place is as dangerous as people say as on the 1st lap we came across about 4 smashed up cars.A seat cupra had gone about 100 yds on top of the barriers and had taken most of the passenger side roof out.One of the occupants head was covered in blood and a lotus elise in front was bashed with one of its occupants face covered in blood which was enough to make you think *eek* Another guy had a gt3 911 another had a 1992 mx5 and another guy flew over and hired an audi a4.The mx5 was a right laugh and value for money was amazing fun.The guy in the porshe lost it last year at about 160 and hit the barriers at about 120 and was fired way down the track,and when i was shown the place i would say he was lucky to say the least to still be here.The csl was an amazing car and the roar it made was addictive,as spectators and track marshalls were turning to see what the noise was and gave the thumbs up.The amount of exotic cars and basic stuff was just unbelievable.A completely stripped out seat type r pulled along side us in the wet at 140 on the finish straight which was impressive.I will go back next year and do the fly drive approach with my mate so he can teach me the track in stages.

Edited by - Andy Griffiths on 17 Nov 2005 19:56:35