Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Do SUPERLITES foul??

Harry Flatters

Steve - I was told by caterham that my 13*6 superlites at the front fouled on my LARGE brakes, but small spacers sorted it out

When I talked to superlite they said it shouldn't be a problem, I will be taking them off tomorrow at a trackday, I will see if they really do foul without the spacers

I believe I am the only person to have this problem at the front

the 13*6 at the back seem to be OK

this is all on a 51 superlite

rob

One final addition based on my setup:

I had a set of black minators all round 6x13

I've changed the rears to 7x13 black Superlites to match

Both are fitted to appropriate sized Yoko's and no probs. with fouling

My car is '97 Superlight so it has the big-brakes up front too - never any probs. with the Minators.

I'm fairly happy with this setup - and if I change to R500 mag wheels next year I'm going to specify the 6x13 & 7x13 rims (because you can do that with these split rims, available in a host of different sizes to bolt-onto the mag centres: I even know someone who specified 4" front rims for sprinting/drag racing).

Good luck

Matthew

• 3 weeks later...

OK - so it has taken me a while to get around to posting the results of my test

I took off the spacers (about 2mm) and put the superlites back on, and I did get a small amount of fouling on one wheel.

The bottom pipe of the caliper touched the surface of the wheel for about 90 degrees and took off the layer of crap that had built up ont he inside of the wheel. No wanting to risk anything I put the spacers back on and all was OK

I am not sure if I have a duff wheel but they did foul, but I can live with the spacers.

rob