Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Central rear view mirror

Bluebottle

Does anybody know of a cheap supplier of the above (the one that fixes to the top of the scuttle on a little post)....apologies for the dodgy description...??? I have alraedy seen the ones advertised by Demon Thieves for about £70-£80, surely they must be cheaper elsewhere..??

I use the standard windscreen fit Ford mirror as supplied by Caterham for be-windscreen'd cars. Turn it on it's back, trim a bit of the collar with a scalpel to get the full range of movement in this un-natural orientation, and stick it to the scuttle using the normal double sided sticky pads from Fords.

Works a treat, as fitted as standard to the JPE's, slightly lower than the post mounted aftermarket ones but you can see more than enough (well I can, guess it'll depend how high or low you sit in the car), and very cheap.

Dan,

It appears they're not specifically listed, but there is a description on the site as follows :

"F1 Mirror - Universal non-handed with central mounting stem. Extremely lightweight (86 grm), self coloured in black or white.

Available with flat or convex lens. Now also available in carbon."

You can get one which is non-adjustable or one like mine which has a ball-joint at the bottom.

Best bet is to give them a ring - they're very helpful. Like I said, mine was about £26 delivered to the door.