Click here if you are having website access problems ×

where do you secure your camcorder?

david nelson

I have just bought a mv500i and lanc controler for the 7 and looking for the best way of mounting it in the car.

my last camara was placed in a plastic box and velcroed to the passager floor. before that it was in a camara bag feed through the pasanger harness.

What have you done and where is it?

David

I assume this is for use with a bullet-cam - the view of the passengers feet can't be that exciting... *wink*

Anyway, I used to put my camcorder in a soft laptop bag and secure that with the pax harness - this did at least allow me access while in the pit-lane, but obviously isn't much cop if you want a passenger on board.

I started (and ended) by securing the camcorder into the boot in a small, soft camcorder case. I zip-tied it to the rear FIA bar mounts. For me (without a LANC solution), this wastes tape (you have to set it recording before entering the pitlane), but it is secure and won't excite any scrutineers...

Despite spinning the car across the grass a number of times during the last td (and then plonking it into a tyre-wall at about 50mph), the cam-corder was perfectly happy there.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

David

I bought I hard plastic 'Pelican case' which is lined with foam, that helps reduce vibration, which you can remove to suit the profile of the camera. I then mounted the case in the boot attaching it to the floor and use a LANC controller to operate the camcorder from the drivers seat. I expect scruitineers are going to be more particular as to how you mount the camera in future and most were complementary of my solution *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

And on a related topic...

...anyone found a LANC controller that works with Sony's? ISTR that - since my SOny needs to be in VCR mode for the bullet-cam, and have play/record simultaneously pressed instead of using the big-red-button - normal LANCs aren't any use... *confused*

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Support Team

Another *thumbup* for the one from RF concepts. You set the Camcorder up in the AV in mode and the LANC detects that. Even when the Camcorder then goes into sleep mode, the LANC still operates correctly - Magic 😬. Works perfectly with my Sony PC109 - product details here.

Yellow SL *cool* #32