Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall 16v Cam Cover

Alex, the mod consists of removing the plate inside the cam cover, making two cuts to discard most of it and replacing the small piece remaining. It is VERY important to remove ALL traces of sealant during the proces. I have a drawing with instructions which will be on the fax to you forthwith.

MIKE.

Mike,

Your timing is uncanny! I just replaced the cam cover after doing an oil change. When I drained the oil, I found lumps of sealant in it. The oil filter had about three 1 inch long pieces in it as well. I looked at the cam cover and noted the missing sealant around the plate which your fax says sould be modified. I've removed the visable sealant but having read what you sent, I'll be taking the cam cover off again tomorrow to cut the plate as described.

Thanks so much for your fax! You may we'll have saved my engine from a premature death.

Cheers

Alex Wong

alex.wong@lotus7club.co.uk

www.alexwong.net

Home : 44-(0)121-440 6972

Fax : 44-(0)121-440 4601

I don't have a fax at home,only at work. Could you do the honours for me as well, or else put something in Low Flying soon. You may become inundated otherwise, with all the XE owners keen to learn of this tweak...

01904.611086 ( Please mark for my attention, thanks.)

Thanks Mike, just received the drawing and recognized that it had been drawn by SBD. I wonder why they didn´t send it to me when I ordered their dry-sump kit with the blanking-plugs. I found just parts in the parcel, worth a thousand bucks but no written word. Little confusing when you build such an engine the first time on your own. Thanks again, Mike, hope you were on holiday, not at work.