Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anybody want free workshop jackets / safety boots?

RichardO

Reading college were havaing a clear out of their workshop last night - chucking a load of safety gear.

Apparently the day students at the college get new gear on starting the course, but many drop out in the first few weeks - hence lots of almost new safety gear that the college just gives away or throws out if no one claims it. (Evening students such as myself have to provide their own gear or find some leftovers from the dropped out day students! *mad*)

I have an aversion to just binning useful equipment, so nabbed everything that was left after the people on my course were done scavenging :- ) After equipping a few folk at work, I have one workshop jacket (those blue labcoat type things) left, in good as new condition. 100cm chest. Free if you can collect in Reading/Wokingham, cost of postage otherwise.

There will probably be more gear being cleared out next week - various sizes of jackets & steel toecap safety boots - if there's any interest I'll nab any decent looking leftovers and post em on here.

R

Richard,

I'm interested if you find any STC boots in Euro 42, jackets in 38" chest (prob a size down from the one you've found), also if there's anything in the way of general work gloves or ear defenders. I'm only a couple of miles away from Reading college, so could collect stuff for Steve and bring it to the next H(N)&B meeting. *smile*

cheers,

Darren.