DRY SUMP!!! More updates and finalising names!!!!! PACE

Kevsta

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A happy new year to one and all! *smile*

Kev

Can we have an update on the BB please. My engine is now stripped and the rebuild has started. Consequently I will need the kit in the next few weeks if all goes well. What is the current position with Pace, etc?

Thanks

NigelJ

Sorry for my delay and happy new year to all. Today is my first day back and I am not in the office again til monday (internet at home is down....don't bother going with tis*ali if anyone is thinking of it!).

The update is that I have taken delivery of the pump and sump for my car which is being fitted tomorrow and friday and the car wil then go off to pace for them to work out the pipework etc. for it to be avaiable as a rough kit format (they wish to supply to hoses, tank etc in the kit but haven't previously). If you are in a busting rush to get hold of the kit as you are buolding your engine right now then I'm sure neil will happily give you the discount on the sump and pump kit and could then supply all of the other parts when they have worked it all out. Alkternatively you could go down the brise/think route if you need the car on the road by a very short schedule but I don't think it will take that long anyway. I will be sure to push them with getting the kit ready asap for you all as I did say I would try to get the orders before christmas but they had a very busy nov/dec and as such did not have the sump/pump kit ready to deliver to me and so the whole process was slowed down. My car will hopefully be going off to them next week and the kit should therefore be worked out in the follwoing couple of weeks (these are all guesstimates so please don't come after me if they are not accurate).

Snauttall: No you can join the BB if you wish as the orders are not going through just yet, I will let you all know when pace would like your orders and requirements...you will need to speak with them seperately as I'm sure you will all have individual needs and can ask neil for advice (he knows his stuff!).

I have bought myself a catch tank from millets by the way...cost £6.99 for ali bottle thing in metallic black...should look smart and be easy to locate and remove for emptying etc.

Hope this helps everybody, IU'll keep you all posted...by the way...one thing I have discovered you will all need to invest in is some anaerobic sealant for the sump pan....DO NOT use silicone sealant...just askl my old VVC mechs and inlet cams what happens when silicone finds its way into the wrong places!!!

Kev

Thanks for that Kev & again thanks for all your hard work. I keep popping into Milletts for the odd bit of clothing but have never thought of shopping there for a catch tank 😬

I wonder whether the old wet sump gasket, suitably trimmed, could be used?

Thanks for that Kev. I probably will get in toutch with Pace as you suggested and get hold of the main bits. That way I can get the engine finished and the rest can follow.

Thanks for the efforts you have put into this.

All the best

NigelJ

Well, I have just placed my order with Neil at Pace - a very helpful chap - delivery should be 10 to 14 days so that suits me just fine. There was no problem over the discount.

Kev, I think it might help to give him a call to update progress. I get the impression that he feels that the BB has lost a bit of momentum and it is obviously important to keep him "on side".

I'm going up to see Dave Andrews tomorrow to sort out what rebuild bits I need so things are moving along well...........at the moment!

NigelJ

Nigel-Have left a message for neil to call me back, I will confirm with him we are all still going ahead (I may have added another two to the list so it is growing!), thanks for the tip to call him on that one...glad you got your order in ok, you can call me if you get any problems with fitting it that I may be able to help you with (07976 292942) if I have had the same problem as well.

Mick-I will let you know about the gasket when I fit my sump pan...should be going on very soon as its nearly all finished and ready for pace to pick the car up.

Bozz, the price is dependant on what you order. The basic kit (see pace website) is about £890 from memory including VAT and with our discount. Then the pipes etc come with discount but depend on what you have (braided, anodised fittings etc). You could make use of the discount with things like a laminova (which is what I'm doing), and then there is the tank. We don't have a price on that yet as they don't know how much it will cost to make (they are taking my car to design it) but I would guess (and please note this is purely my guess and not something pace have told me) would be around £200-250. So a basic kit with the new tank I would guestimate at £1100-1200. I hope this helps you (and others).

David, you are not too late, I will put a post up on blat chat when pace want the orders taken by. Keep an eye on tech talk for this.

Can anyone help me with the best place to relocate my coilpacks. My car is a vvc (EU2) and so i need to move the wasted spark coil packs as the pump mounts where they are. I was thinking of putting it on the bulk head area...anyone else done this with expereince of the bvest/worsdt places?

Cheers

Kev

To give you an idea of hoses etc. below is taken straight from an e-mail from pace. These are the fittings I believe are needed based on a standard instal. Can't remember if it was with a laminova or not and it is based on the brise tank so the fittings may be different on the pace one....would have to see when its made but this is a good guide (remember to add VAT and take off 25% discount):

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your time today and thnks for giving me an indication as to

the fittings you will require.

-12 JIC

45 Degree x 1 27.82

90 Degree x 1 27.82

-10 JIC

150 Degree x 1 27.74

90 Degree x 2 22.73

120 Degree x 1 27.74

Straight x 2 9.83

-12 Racing Hose 1 Mtr 23.28

-10 Racing Hose 2 Mtr 19.47

All of the above are individual unit prices. They are also net retail and

subjuct to discount plus VAT.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATED PART OF THREAD

Ok, so I have had an e-mail from neil and they are keen to guage the numbers and start to put peoples names against orders now. My car is going next week (sorry for delay to everyone but I have had a hard time at work recently and been working 7 days) for the tank to be designed but they want to know how many people would be interested in the tank being designed by Pace. I can say that I know they will do a fantastic job of the design and it will be the best on the market (in my opinion) and I am very keen for them to do this. They will give a discount on the finished article for the bulk buy and the cost will be on a similar line of the brise one.

I have the following people down as definates (I know one has already ordered the sump/pump) but want clarification now please that they will go through with the purchase and whether or not they would want the kidney tank built by Pace. Any others please add yourselves to this list and e-mail me so I can confirm eveyone. I will update the list on this part of the thread and will transfer to the top as-well.

Nigel James (pump/sump ordered, has tank)

Roy Booth (WILL FLY!!!)(confirmed and interested in tank)

Grim Reaper (confirmed, wants all)

Paul Riggs

Darren Wright ??? to confirm (fittings only)

Dave White (pump/sump ordered)

Mike Day (pump/sump ordered, has tank)

Nick Pargiter

Neil Elwis (confirmed, interested in tank)

Steve N (pump/sump ordered)

Maybes (or those who have posted on here but not e-mailed me...not that I asked you to but it is all confusing) who need to confirm are:

Bullman 1 (x-flow)

Steve Cragg (maybe)

Quiet one (maybe)

Cornelius (already has tank)

Davef (maybe)

Ed Denmark

Edited by - Kevsta on 26 Jan 2006 16:34:02

Still YES Kev, but I need to see the tank before I decide which tank I'll use and what hoses I'll need, I need hoses for a laminova.

BTW Kev, I AM Roy Booth ! and I only want one dry sump *smile*

Roy

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

Hi Kev

I am a definite for the bulk buy but I have already ordered the pump from Neil this last week (although I've not had a confirmation back) and have a Brise tank already. That just leaves me needing the fittings (but Neil should hopefully be counting my pump order as part of the bulk buy).

Thanks

Steve N

Welcom to Bulk Buy Hell Kev, I did a powerspeed one a few years ago, same problem but not quite as complex, keep up the good work.

Maybe when we've all got the kits fitted we should do a pace visit and have a big photo shoot at the company.

Roy

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*