Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

DRY SUMP!!! More updates and finalising names!!!!! PACE

Kevsta

Is there any mileage in talking to Brise about designing a thin tank that slots down into the front footwell rather than completely shortening it?

5 litres of oil takes up a lot less footwell space when you spread it accross the area of the footwell.

Toasty winter footwarmer option - remove insulation before blat....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wouldn't be a bad premium for a really neat solution, but I was hoping for a design that someone like Brise would see as an attractive commercial proposition and price it appropriately.

On the face of it it seems really neat to cut a slot in the top of the footwell, then epoxy or bolt in an ali plate (kind of a flattened z shape section so you have a couple of lips to fasten.

Then you have thin cavity to insert a square or thin version of the current brise tank along with some insulation which acts as packing.

One of the Daves (Jackson I think) has a tank which sits through the panel above the gearbox where the heater would sit.

I'm going to ask Brise to do me a mick smith tank with a 3 inch high by 1 inch deep 'step' taken out of the rear to give access to the crank pulley bolt.

Roy

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*