Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

An 1 7/8" AF socket needed

ECR

Rob

Couldn't see one listed on Lasers web site so I have mailed them.

Norman

Yes it's for the rear hubs on a Midget. If laser can't supply can I contact you to borrow yours ?

BOSS

Thanks for the offer.

Nifty

Thanks also

Ex Chairman Roger

Edited by - ECR on 2 Nov 2005 20:39:41

Edited by - ECR on 3 Nov 2005 11:29:28

Roger,

Seen this again and I seem to remember having to use a similar dimension socket on older Landies.

Looked in my 3/4" drive socket set and they only go up to 1 3/4". Looked in my toolbox and found the Landy hub spanner which is 2 1/4".

I'm still certain that I used to have to use a similar sized socket from the farm workshop so it might be worth ringing someone like Craddocks in Cannock, who are both Landy and ex-MoD surplus people.

If I remember I'll have a look in the local army surplus yard in Diss tomorrow *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Careful when you are undoing the nuts,as they

are quite thin,and most sockets have an internal chamfer, so you don't get much grip.

I use an open ended spanner I got for a quid at a car boot.

Cheers J&J

JFDI

(Just F*****g Do It)

Laser say they don't do them. Craddocks don't do tools apparently....

Open ended is ok to undo maybe, but they need torqueing up with a torque wrench ... Still if all else fails 😬

I note your comments re thinness of the nuts, thanks.

Roger,

Sorry, when I had dealings with Craddocks they did sell ex-MoD tools that were specific to Land Rovers. Mind you the last time I had dealings with them they seemed a shadow of their former selves.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

You will probably find that you can source a 1&13/16" socket easier. I think it's used for Mini/Metro ball joints. I got one from Halfords ( I think) It's an easy but time consuming job to then file each flat in the socket until it fits the nut. It only needs the outer edge filing as it's only going to fit a thin nut.

Cheers J&J

JFDI

(Just F*****g Do It)