Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My own 220 bhp spec. Duratec engine

AMMO

Toying with the idea of building another 2 litre engine with steel crank, rods, forged pistons, big valves etc. with a bit more power for my own car. Need to sell my existing engine to fund the project.

Engine built on brand new unit with ported head, Kent D-Tec 20 cams, keyed and balanced crank, ARP rod bolts, ultra lightweight flywheel, dowelled crank, AP racing clutch etc.

Car is coming off the road at the end of the month so plenty of time to try the engine out if you are interested. Nobody who has been a passenger in my car has failed to be impressed with the good road manners and how effortlessly it overtakes everything in it's path. The engine has covered less than 3,000 road miles since installation and runs faultlessly. It was tested at Emerald at 228 bhp, 174 lb/ft. torque. £4,500.00.

If I sell this I will have lost a bet with Alex Wong about resisting the temptation to upgrade. 😬 I will have had my car five years in December so it would be nice to treat it to nice new motor for Christmas. 😬

AMMO

Edited by - Ammo on 2 Nov 2005 09:32:15

• 2 weeks later...