Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Starter kit weight

lancelot

HOw many flights of stairs do you need them to carry it up???

If it's just a case of lifting it onto chassis-stands, I can't believe you'd need more than one or two - don't forget that they come in the back of a lorry...

First build diary I checked on Google says:

First job was to help the nice man who drove the lorry on which she arrived to unload. (I've carried the car, next the car carries me !)
*thumbup*

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 1 Nov 2005 20:11:33

Cheers folks,

Was only askin 'cos CC wanted an OBSCENE amount of cash to deliver chassis so I'm going to collect and when it gets back, it a bit of a convoluted route to my building shed.

And what am I going to do with the spare cash I save? Well..... I'm going to hit the big city whilst I'm down there and have a coupla days of fun - even with the g/f in tow I still reckon I'll be a couple of hundred in front

Cheers once again

My stepdad picked up my starter kit chassis for me from Caterham and they gave him a hand loading it. Once it was back home the two of us unloaded it and I wouldn’t describe either of us as particularly strong. However it was helpful to have an extra pair of hands when lowering it on to the axle stands.

Ade

Phil took his unpanelled space frame to Arch on his roof rack.

I think TSK delivered it painted to him so no need for him to worry about the clad weight... This was barer than a kit though I think.

Roof racks are typically good for ~100KGs unless you have a heavy duty one for large dinghies. Alt. borrow a small'ish trailer.

Hants (north) / Berkshire club here

Area meeting pics here

My Racing here