Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series clutch part number

Manuel Morollon

The current clutch is an AP unit these days and you can only get the components from CC or one of their authorised suppliers AFAIK (i.e. AP won't sell you one cheap...)

If it's just the friction-plate that needs replacement, then there are alternatives (Helix?)

A quick search (top of the page) in Techtalk over the last year or so will throw up the part numbers and suppliers...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Support Team

Unless you have a very early 6 speed, the part will be either a Ford or a Caterham AP specified unit. The current one from Caterham for all models 5 and 6 speed, is an AP unit. Costs £75 for new plate and £130 for a new cover.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Thanks for that.

Simon Lambert sent me an e-mail and it looks like the parts are Caterham specific.

On top of that, the CRB has been redesigned. He thinks that I should go for the whole kit: Clutch plate and cover, plus CRB.

It will not be cheap I'm afraid. ☹️

The aditional problem is that I live in southern France and don't know if the part numbers Jason gave me will be of any use. *mad*

Thanks again

M&M

I did some digging on this one a couple of weeks back and discoverd it's another area that CC have tied up.

Both the AP cover and plare are specific to CC, and are not the same as any other aftermarket part, yes you can buy vcvers and plates that fit, but, according to th technical guy at AP CC have upped the spec on both items twice, the plate has upreated torsional vibration spring and the covers has a different leverage ratio on the diaphragm.

So after al that I went to CC plate cvoer and beaqring came to 160+ theft.

Sorry I can't post the part numbers as the kits currently with Steve @ vibration fee!

cheers

Neil.