Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Give me a good head .

David Jackson

I am considering upgrdes to my 1.6 K series which is currently running in std supersport trim . This would follow the tried and tested route of TB's , bigger valves , porting , management and possibly cams .

Following much lengthy dicussions on the pros and cons of porting and revalving my head myself , with many helpfull 7 owners .

Can anyone recommend , from experience , a tuner who could do the work for me for reasonable outlay ?.

Thanks for any advice you could provide :-)

I have read his exellent article - all 27 pages !!, however I'm realy seeking the cost of a reputable company to carry out the head work for me , to a similar spec . I have been recomended Nick Stagg ( Bristol ) , any body have any experiences ?? .

Geoff - How are you finding the work , considering the tight tolerances to work to ?

Are you going to get a company to do the followers and cams , who are you using to do the map work ? .

What stage are you going to uprate the head ?

Many thanks for your response .

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, sorry for the delay but I have been away all week.

You are way ahead of me with your questions.

Have spent considerable time thinking about which way to go.I eventually contacted Dave Andrews direct - he was most helpful.

At present I have standard 1.6 K series (non supersport). I intend to do the work in two stages:-

Stage 1

Have decided to replace Rover MEMS with Emerald M3D EMU which I now have on order, expected to be ready in about 2 to 3 wks. I then plan to buy from QED direct fit throttle bodies. I have already spoken to QED and these are readily available.

Once I have all these I will then install the lot. Between Dave Andrews and Emerald they have the necessary EMU mapping programmes.

Stage 2

I then propose to upgrade the head using big inlet vales and exhaust valves. I understand that Dave can get this work done.

Once I have the Emerald M3D and throttle bodies I will contact Dave for more advice and help.

I have found him most helpful - his email address is DVAndrews @aol.com.

Give me a ring some time this week on 07836 608970 (but not tonight) and we can share thoughts etc.