Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Starter motor turning over slowly.

Shaun_E

Thanks Dave - very helpful as CC said today that they didn't know if it was just 3 and 4 that had changed, and that my best bet would be to buy a complete exhaust system at £595 + theft and then try to sell my current system 2nd hand. Only bought it mid April 2004, and apparently the new design came in June 04 - typical!

Primaries are now £95 each + dreaded - when I bought my system in 04 they were between £65 and £90 each (different for each primary) - there's inflation....

I'll buy primaries 3 & 4, but think I'll hedge my bets by making sure I can go back and buy the full system with its inbuilt discount if need be.

Dave

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Team

Fitted the new 4-2-1 exhaust tonight and there is loads of clearance between it and the race starter motor *thumbup*. Easy to fit and goes through the existing opening in the side skin without modification.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

...and for anyone tempted to try fitting only primaries 3 and 4 from the new system, according to CC's engineering department they won't fit - the whole system was redesigned in June 04 and you can't mix and match. Currently considering my options - as I don't fancy shelling out £450 when the system was only new in April 04.

Dave