Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Buy a Seven that hasn't been built yet

Peter Carmichael

This is a mad idea. I've had a few people come to have a look at the 210bhp Seven that I have for sale. For all its merits, I haven't got a buyer yet. Its current spec just misses the mark with the people who come and have a look - perhaps it is the patina, showing off its past life.

Being a thoroughly pragmatic sort, I view Sevens for what they are: the sum of their parts. Being a practical sort, I can build a damn fine Seven to a damn fine spec out of the parts of the current car and various parts I have to hand. Throw in a reskin and re-powdercoat the suspension and the car will be *as good as new*.

Really.

I have a brand new six-speed gearbox lurking somewhere around the place. This is the level to which I might aim the rebuild. So here is the deal...

A buyer can, within reason, choose a spec. I will build the car up to that spec. The car will be re-skinned to an *as new* condition. The car can be painted to a colour of choice by TSK. The advantages start with this being a pre-SVA chassis, already road registered. I can supply either a fresh 210 bhp PTP Evo engine (1.8 K-series) or a Supersport k-series. I will supply the car with a fresh MOT.

The car will be:

- widetrack

- cycle winged

- de dion

- 8% uprated rack

- Tillet seated

- Stack dashed

- probably running on an Emerald

- probably aeroscreened

- quiet 7in SLR 4-2-1 race exhaust system

~500kg

- on an R-plate registration

You have options for:

- dry sump/wet sump Apollo.

- normal fuel tank or 55 litre foam filled endurance tank

- plumbed in fire extinguisher

- wheels: minilites or Barnby

- weather gear

By the time I'm finished this will be a beautiful example and will undercut anything you can buy new. If you want a racing spec, I can build a race spec. If you want a fast road spec, I can build a fast road spec.

Any takers 🤔 POA, for obvious reasons.

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 30 Oct 2005 00:09:50

Steve,

How about making it a christmas pressie for SWMBO. She can even choose the colour. If she doesn't like this one you could swap and she could have your current Seven 😬 😬

BTTT for you Peter, great idea and a chance for someone to get a great car to their chosen spec.

Steve.