Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DVA Power + EBD Exhaust - Great

Apothecary

Having visited Dave at DVA last weekend and then Graham at Exhaust by Design (EBD) during the week, I collected my Superlight today with its new exhaust. What a difference!

So much more torque mid range, better acceleration and wonderful deep throat sound 😳

Just have to wait the four weeks until Emerald can map it for me. Looking forward to the day and fingers crossed for 160+bhp 😬

Pictures here here

Paul

SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

Davef,

The kit retains the existing SS cams, which have proved to be good for > 180BHP on a 1600 if properly timed with suitable mods elsewhere. The SS cams work quite well with TBs.

Bozz,

It was the K16 kit, I.E. TBs with 90mm trumpets, ECU with suitable map, verniers and airbox

Oily

Edited by - oilyhands on 30 Oct 2005 10:09:50

Another example of Graham of EBD's first class workmanship. Graham cut my sideskin hole, which also needed minor tidying-up after I'd finished admiring his handiwork *cool*

If there's enough clearance, a couple of strokes with a half round file will be all that's required - draw file it, if you know what I mean, otherwise the paint might chip off. Stick the file in the hole and hold it at 90 degrees to the skin - move the file fore and aft relative to the car, NOT in and out of the hole *eek*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 30 Oct 2005 11:34:45

Davef,

As Oily says it was the K16 conversion which keeps the SS cams. I did not want to loose the character of the Superlight and go for significantly more than 160 bhp at this stage. This conversion could be put back to original spec if I so desire. I am keeping the 'bits' just in case *smile*

Rob, Graham at EBD cut the hole. He has done it well and I'm very happy with it. I made sure he knew I was fussy about the finish before he did it and I'm not dissapointed. Still might do as Tony C suggests though when I get a chance.

Manxseven, I'll blatmail you an indication of the price but its worth talking direct to Graham as he can make one up to your own spec. Mine is repackable 7'' in SS

Paul

SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

Anyone got contact details for EBD. And what do you reckon the "order of costs" would be for a new run from collector (already exists) to tailpipes (similarly already exist), with a long narrow silencer? (the 21 hasn't got room for those great big cans that you guys run)?

• Support Team

Hi Paul - we met at Daves last weekend. Emerald have a slot free this Thursday if you can make it. I was booked in for the afternoon but won't have run my new engine in by then. The person booked in for the morning also dropped out. I was going to mail you some info on something but I can't remember what 😳 - remind me what it was and I'll mail you with it.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Exhausts by Design here

If you phone, let it ring because Graham is usually there alone and takes a little time to get to the phone.

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

• Support Team

Dave - yes we got home safely although it was gone midnight as the M1 had 2 lanes closed ☹️. I wasn't happy when we hit the tailback but the car behaved impeccably and that coolant hose didn't leak again. I've got a slot with Emerald in a couple of weeks time so will let you know the results.

Yellow SL *cool* #32