Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where to buy Schell EP 80 SPIRAX ?

eric

Eric, Whereabouts are you?

Your local Shell Direct Co (Shell heating fuel distributor) will also be able to supply all of the Shell Lubes range although only by the box or drum (club together?). I buy my engine oil by 4 x 4ltr box

as it's much cheaper than in the shops and they deliver!

The South East distributor is on 01892 529271 and they cover all the SE across to oxford, south london and up into Essex.

Otherwise you'll need to contact Shell UK.

Peter

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Phil Stewart

Do you use this oil

Andy, I have ordered 12 bootle of 1 liter Spirax G 80.

It costs nothing, If you want some you can e-mail eric@bonzai.fr

Fast Westie, do you know the ref of the BP oil

Phil Stewart is "Road and Race Transmissions". They do all the maintenance work for all the Caterham series race teams. I use Spirax G80 and it is brilliant in the six-speeder and costs about GBP2.50 per half litre. It has just been removed from all the Shell stations in the area as they have decided to sell groceries rather than anything to do with cars so I will have to go find the dealer and order a box. It works. It doesn't cost much.

Changes are usually down to how much I spill when I take the engine out and how clean the container is that I drain into. Gearbox oil does not need changing regularly, unlike engine oil. This is because engine oil becomes contaminated with combustion by-products and breaks down over time. Not unless things are very wrong do you ever get combustion in your gearbox.

I use Spirax G80. It is a single weight oil, not a multi grade. It is different to Spirax G90. I have not heard of or used GX80.

I presume you mean in the differential. The diff needs an appropriate EP specification oil. I can't remember the brand of the one I used, but it doesn't make a lot of difference. The gearbox synchros are very sensitive to oil choice.

I didn't think Spirax G90 was an EP oil.

Edited by - Peter Carmichael on 12 Dec 2001 16:39:28