Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Saab 93 Aero (Sold)

paul abrahams

For Sale is my almost immaculate Saab 93 HOT (high output turbo) Aero - 3 door coupe in silver, 1st registered in May 2001, Y reg

It has full black sports heated leather interior, which is electrically adjustable with 3 memory positions, climate control, cruise control and all the other usual extras and goodies.

This car has a full Saab service history with every receipt, 55,000 genuine mostly motorway miles, and is one very attractive and quite rare example in 3 door Aero coupe.

It is very rapid for a 5 seater thanks to it's 205 bhp engine, but also has the load capacity of most estates thanks to the hatchback and the fold down back seat.

It is the most reliable car I have ever owned and I will be sorry to see it go but a new diesel mercedes c class company car forces very reluctant sale (big yawn *thumbdown*) Never mind

Oh and one other peach I almost forgot, it has an electric tilt / slide sunroof which I spec'd as an extra.

If you fancy something fast, rare, reliable and in better condition than most retailers would be happy to sell then give this a look - I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

I am looking for £6,500 - this car was the best part of £27,000 four and a half years ago!

"More Pictures posted on Pistonheads" - she's a gem!

Edited by - paul abrahams on 31 Oct 2005 22:07:56

Edited by - paul abrahams on 4 Nov 2005 21:55:32

Hi Paul,

If i hadnt already got an aero id have it my self, great price and a lot of car for the money.

Its as fast as a 330i bmw and gives you 38mpg on a run.......bargin!

Good luck with the sale,

cat boy

Ex acadamy car 2002, yellow and black 😬

Thanks cat boy, it certainly is alot of car for the money. I've managed to keep the car allowance for four and a half years but it's time to succumb to the diesel company car. ☹️

Worst thing is SWMBO would rather keep her diesel Focus, as the Saab is too quick for her. *mad*

All the best *thumbup*

Currently floating around in Cathy's 900 SE convertible whilst she's back in Ireland.

Bl%dy quick in a straight line but corners like a rowing boat 😳

(I must point out that this has done 140,000 miles of hard driving - in the words of Mr Ernie Panks when she passed his Superlight ... "She doesn't hang around does she ")

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty,

Set of Abbott's springs and adjustable Koni's will sort it out. They are down the road.

Also set of bridgestone S03's will transform the car. They do not last too long, around 20k but are just brilliant.

Set of Mintex pads will be a worthwhile investment

Whilst its there, they also sell chips - so go large and get the descrete upgrade and Ernie will never be able to keep up, 220 BHP and linear delivery of turbo

Mine has done 240k now and still going strong

These 9-3's are just indestructable (only exception being £10 spacer in the gear box, mine went at 200k )

I am looking for 9-5 estate now otherwise this would be a first choice

Hello,

Dont forget the 9-3 is a big improvment over the last 900 but they do suffer with torque steer,so its a good idea to either have an abbott racing (viggen rescue kit)not cheap but great or like i did an elk parts steering rack clamp + front subframe bar ,both alot cheaper and an improvement.

As for engine up grades i test drove a 9-3 aero with 280 bhp and all other possible up grades and it was fantastic!!! and all this was with an auto box!! *eek*.

Ex acadamy car 2002, yellow and black 😬

After my blat chat discussion between A3,A4, Golf and others, I ended up (bear in mind I need a tow car)for a 2.2TiD SE 9.3.... with full spec and body kit (watch out max power)...

great cars, mine for £3500 with full history but high miler (94k)... to me this is a bargain for the top spec... if I needed it I'd have it.

😬

Richard,

aka... Tricks...

aka darstardly

Y57 CDS

Known as Mutley

Q205 NNB

Sylva Phoenix... name TBC

They're great cars no mistake, a very understated marque, but then what would you expect from a company that manufactures military aircraft that fly at mach 2. 😬

Test drove the new 93 aero saloon last month and didn't rate it at all - saab has gone all conformist like all the others *thumbdown* 🙆🏻

Give me the old 93 / 95 Aero any day - "lurdsa torksteer an whoopass"

Cheers Grant, good luck with selling your se7en (I'd have bought it if I didn't already have one) and your travels - yes it's a joke how they try and link the cars with the aviation side of the business, no connection at all other than the name no doubt *smile*

Fingers crossed, I had my first proper viewing yesterday and the guy is allegedly wiring across the money today - I will miss it, it's been a great car. You've obviously driven saabs and know all about " lurdsa torksteer an whoopass" 😬