Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800 VVC - now only £12250

Matt Shears

** A sale was agreed on the car but the buyer has put on hold. I have now reduced the price to £12250 as I would like to sell quickly so I can buy a race car **

Very nice looking car in Porsche Artic Silver with a carbon noseband and Red noseband. Originally owned and built for Mike Fleet of Caterham Cars. The car goes very well (comparable to R300 performance) and I have all the bills for the work that has been carried out since I bought it 3 years ago. Looked after by Caterham Cars, Ratrace Motorsport and most recently James Whiting.

- 1800vvc, 99' T Reg, 42k miles.

- 6 speed

- Appollo tank

- Powerspeed 4-2-1 exhaust system

- 3.62 differential (non LSD)

- AP Racing clutch (recently replaced including clutch release bearing)

- Caterham red silicon radiator hoses + all other hoses replaced

- Uprated front brakes

- 13" black / alloy polished minator wheels 6x13 front and 7x13 rear with Yoko A048's

- stiffened springs with adustable platforms + flat floor set up

- Cycle wings with race stays and carbon fibre wing protectors. Armourfend protection on all wings

- Tall FIA Roll bar (painted red) with additional strut

- 5 3/4 black Xenon headlamps

- Spa convex race mirrors on specially fabricated brackets attached to windscreen

- Red leather seats with carbon leather inserts, lumber adjustments and red leather headrests plus matching red leather tunnel top and dashboard. Composite Tillet seats also available at additional cost.

- Momo 280mm quick release wheel

- 4 point harnesses

- Silver gauges with red needles

- Weather equipment including heater

This is a lovely car that has been well looked after. Obvioulsy at 42k the mileage is above average, 24k of these were covered during the first 18 months of its life when Mike used it as a company car.

PRICE REDUCED to £12250 ovno. Alternatively I would seriously consider a p/x with a Super or Mega Graduate car.

I can provide pictures of the car if you email me at matthew.shears@foxit.net or call me on 07770 572905 to discuss.

Matt.

Edited by - matt shears on 26 Oct 2005 09:00:18

Edited by - matt shears on 11 Nov 2005 11:42:22

Edited by - matt shears on 6 Dec 2005 11:42:32

Matt - you might be better advertising it on the Grads website in "other cars" by dropping Jamie a note. Not a lot of Grads members tend to come in here, and in any case the people who are giving up racing that I know are selling their Caterhams rather than buy another one for the road, so I suspect though that you're better off looking for a straight sale and then buying a Super or Mega.

And don't discount the older Grads-spec cars, cheaper to buy and run, close racing with all levels of ability on the grid, and less pressure on numbers than Supers and possibly even Megas the way it's looking.

HTH

Andrew

only the winner of one of the two Grads races at Pembrey *cool* The winner of the other race is most definitely not for sale, you can be assured of that *smile*

But Martin's car that won the championship this year and Dave's car which has run at the front all season are still for sale - I think. Somehow I think all that may change when championship registration opens in a couple of weeks.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...