Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rumour is .......

Jason Plato

Avon tyres *may* release the latest 245 /50/13 (9" CSR) CR500 tyres (and the front 7" variety) in A24 compound for the 2006 season.....

Only rumour down the pub you know *wink*......like they said those stunners were quite good *2* years ago *tongue*

The rear 9" alloys are ET40 if you wanted to start measuring up *tongue* *wink* *thumbup*

Dave

I thought the tyre war was due to start next month, with Engines starting in early December *tongue*

Sounds like it would be some hellish rubber. Shame the commitee is considering a control tyre for class 5 next season. Is it the Kumho R2D2 or Scorpion Graveltrap Mark 🤔

Just when you think you have all angles covered.

JAP.

ok - so what is the market for this tyre in this compound, surely the racers won't use it, as by the third lap they would have over heated *confused*

would have thought the dry tyre of choice for list 1b boys would be acb10 a24's, and unless it is standing water the same tyres is ok..

so is it purely for wets for hillclimb/sprinters, in whihc case that is a very small market *confused*

am I missing saomething

or is DaveJ bored and in wind up mode 😬

rob *smile*

My MSN Space and Blog - Syndicate Using RSS

No its honestly NOT a wind up *smile*

I was chatting to the nice man in Avon motorsport about options for next year and I asked about the 9" wide Cr500 tyres on the road CSR . He said they would be too hard for hillclimbs in their current compound but it is possible that it could be made with A24 compound. The only hurdle would be the E marking requirement. This would be difficult as its a construction and use test and hence quite expensive.

The market would be in radial race / sprint wets , hillclimbs/ sprints and for radial only championships where obviously the ACB crossply cant be used.

It would be nice to have a competitive radial tyre to save all the suspension setup changes between my ACB's and 48R's .

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 25 Oct 2005 14:52:35

One of the reasons I can think of, is that some championships are thinking of banning crossply 1b tyres. My brother had a letter along with his AEMC championship sprint registration this morning explaining this very point and implying that all competitors bare this in mind before blowing lots of wonga on some ACB10's. Perhaps Avon are responding to change's like this ?

Edited by - Graham Perry on 25 Oct 2005 16:20:30

No you don't want to go down that line ☹️

I have 048, I don't have the dosh to go and buy another set of wheels/tyres if these are not the chosen control tyre. Even if they were the ones chosen, I'm sure someone else would have to go and buy them. It will put off those who want to dip their toe in the water and have ago at the Lotus 7 hillclimb/sprints.

Stick to what we have now for me *thumbup*

L7 BDA Supersprint Joy here 😬