Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harpenden, yesterday PM

Hadders

You were in green and yellow stripe and I was the waving lunatic in the orange superlight on the way out of town towards St Albans. If you're on here are you local? Only had my car for two weeks, so good to meet as many local blatters as possible.

Cheers

Yep, that was me! Took the car out for a blat through Hemel, St.Albans and was on my way back to Dunstable. Normally live in London but keep the car there so only gets out on the road once every few weeks at the moment.

You car looked very good! Had mine 3 and a bit years but will be looking to change when funds allow!!

Thanks Drifter. Liked yours too! I was at the end of my blat, having been around the back of Dunstable area for a couple of hours, so cool to see another blatter out doing the same.

h_____

Good to hear of other locals. I'm based in St Albans, so meeting up would be excellent. See if we can get a group together. As I’ve just got my first Caterham obviously eager to blat as much as possible, weather permitting, but definitely not going to be put away for the winter.Sunday afternoon had me grinning like a mad thing for hours afterwards. 😬 Have just booked Academy day at Upper Heyford for Sat so will get a chance to find our more about the handling then. 😬

Meeting up would be great. Let us know when you're around.

Orange Superlight #53 with 1.8SS and other mods

Sounds good to me! You are brave using your car through winter though - the salt will eat it (alive) unless you are prepared for a very thorough washing every time it gets on the road!

So what did you have before the 7? Anything interesting? I came from a 1.1 litre 205! Quickly learned the joy (and danger!) of oversteer on a wet road!!

Hi Gavin - did you go? Seen some of the piccies and it looked good. How regular are the Pistonheads meets? Couldn't make it this time unfortunately. Let us know when you're up this way and we can a group together.

How about a local blat. Alanp your offer of a local route sounds good. Doies it inlcuide fine local; hostelries too? H_____ above (Harpenden) and Martin (Dunstable) are racers too. You may know them?

Drifter - know what you mean about the salt/chassis issue. Far from ideal, but can't stop myself driving the car. Went up to Heyford on Saturday and at 7am some of the roads were still thick with salt *eek* Still the underside got a wash on Sunday so fingers crossed. My car was used as a daily driver for two years by the second onwer and now has 47,000 miles on the clock but is totally solid. It has a little corrosion on the ali, but nothign out of the ordinary, so i reckon i should be able to get at least another winter or two out of it before the obligatory trip to Arch. Famous last words and all that!

Look forward to meeting you all sometime.

Cheers

Ben

Hi, I am from Dunstable but keep mine near Hitchin in a village called Preston so when I get mine started I will be out and about.

Be good to meet up with some really local locals!!!! for a nice blat, I bet between us we could come up with a very interesting route.

So back to the garage to find out why my zetec will not start!!! - I wish I knew what I was looking for!!!! ho hum at least it is raining while mine will not start!!!

Cheers

Nic

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003) here

Hi Nic

Good to hear from another local. Sorry to hear about the Zetec. Hopefully just something simple. Let us know if there's anything I can do. I'm no expert, but at least there are few here on Blatchat.

Used to live in Hitchin many years ago, so know the area and there are some great roads. One over to Luton /A6 , then on to M1 and the road up to Bedford were fun, ISTR. Reckon that’s a good subject for a drink sometime.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben

yes I know the road and the old fav the Buntingford road!!!

Once I get it started!!! (ok once I get someone else to tell me what to do to get it started!!!!) I need to get out for a blat, its been to many weeks!!!!

Cheers

Nic

Aah the 507. What a road. 😬

Drove it in the Caterham for the first time on Sat. Forgotten how good it is. Great corners and short straights just long enough (for a Caterham that is) to pass two / three cars or a lorry. Great surface as well. At the end just wanted to turn round and do all it again!

Hi,

I'm in London, but keep my 7 in Codicote.

It's currently at Ratrace awaiting to go to Caterham for some work, so should be back by New Year.

Looks like I'll be moving out of London to St.Albans/Harpenden in the near future, so look foward to catching up at some point.

Parky

G 7 HPC the 'Rubystone Red' HPC

Interested to read this string, i too am a new owner in Herts well just outside WGCity, just bought an Sv from N Ire, 18months old yellow with 1800 but without the VVC bits just had it up to Rob Walker, so nicely tuned and ready for some fun. do mail if you guys are meeting some time, if that's possible when it's dryish....

Hugh - good to meet you too. Look forward to swapping racing DVD's.

Looks like we have enough of us to make an interesting weekend blat. Any suggestions for a great pub to head for or other great driving roads, let me know. See what we can arrange. The A507 is great, but short so anyone know where to go from there? Alanp has a route out west from Luton which i have yet to try, but which looks good.

Look forward to meeting up with everyone sometime soon.

I am so desperate to meet up for a blat - I just cannot get the car started!!!!!!!!!!!! this Saturday is my last chance as I have to move the car back to Hitchin from my mates house in Dunstable.

So back to head scratching and turning it over trying to get it to fire. Then my last chance is to call the AA!!!

When are we going to meet up then???

The first time I am going to be back home to use the car is the weekend of 3rd December. I am at the MSE track day on the 3rd, but could do Sunday the 4th 🤔

How about meet somewhere near Baldock - run up over the 507 to Buntingford, down to Puckeridge, along through Braughing, Barkway, Barley to the A505. 505 along to Royston, down to Bassingbourne, then accross to the A1 (I forget what the road is called). It is, or was, always a nice run out.

Anyone else fancy it - routes always flexible, but unfortunatley less so with dates ☹️

It would be good to meet a few more local 7 owners *thumbup*

Superlight no 46

12,000 areroscreen'd miles in 18 months

The weather looks good for this weekend, so if you get the car working Nik, or need an extra pair of hands, just let me know. I'll be out on a blat at some point.

Alexander, 4th is free so I'm up for a blat round the route you suggested. So that's two and sure we can get Nik going by then, so anymore for anymore?

I didnt realise there were so many around welwyn.

I have seen a blue 7 parked at welwyn north station in the summer time... is that anyone here.

I will be at home this weekend so if I can get away from family birthday commitments for a spin I might see you guys out and about...

red SuperSport but rather filthy at the moment!!

Considering how much salt was poored on the roads last night - I will probably make a decision tomorrow.

My black golf has turned white and it wasnt even wet...! *eek*

Gavin Gee