Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Emerald - Tacho Shift Light Disable

Apothecary

I had some long awaited DVA attention to my Superlight this weekend 😬 (thanks again Dave *thumbup*)

I now have an Emerald grafted onto the EU3 loom (that was fun ☹️)

An unanticipated side effect is that the single (top) LED on my Tacho now stays permanently illuminated. I dont need the Emerald to run a shift light (which is what I thinik this LED is ?) as I have ACES fitted and want to keep them.

Does anyone know how I can disable this tacho light ?

Is it a matter of identifying the correct cable from the back of the tacho and cutting ? If so which one is it and will it only disable the light and nothing else?

Paul

SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

Myles is right the LED is inside the tacho so I'm not sure which wire feeds this light only.

My get around so far is to remove the tacho from the dash and after unpluging, remove the gromet from the back to expose the two DIN switches. Switching the first switch off (down) has turned the offending LED off. An unwanted consequence is that now when I use the indicators the small central LED (green) at the bottom of the tacho only lights if I indicate left. Indicating right there is no illumination *confused*. The other small LEDs all function (red - ignition (RHS) and blue -full beam (LHS).

I can live with that but would prefer to have the indicator light back to normal if anyone knows a better solution.

Paul

SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

I'm sure there is reference to the wires deep in techtalk - many people over the years have asked how to wire it up for non-SS cars...

I'm not convinced of its worth though - I've got the full-on ACES system - on top of the scuttle - and that doesn't get my attention anymore...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com