Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Wheels and Tyres

DomRees

Thinking about upgrading the Prisoners + Pilot SX's to something more sexy.

Thing is, I'd like to stay on the 15's because of the amount of speedbumps in my area, even on 15's the sump graunches, let alone if I went down to 13 or 14.

should I stick with the 15's, and get R400 superlights plus Yokos of some sort, or take the risk with 13's (which ones??!).

Going for the middle ground sounds like a cop out to me.

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated.

Happily married to a 1990 Supersprint. Dont tell the missus.

adjustable platforms?!?

The proliferation of damned speed bumps in my neck of the woods means I'd either be getting the spanners out every 2 minutes or I'd be wearing a bandana, playing with the hydraulics and calling everyone "homes".

unless of course I'm missing something here... *confused*

Use the adjustable platforms to set a ride height such that on 13" wheels you can go everywhere you want to without grounding the sump.

Or, as Stephen suggests, go 13" with 70 profile A021Rs - these tyres aren't the ultimate sticky tyre but they're a good all-rounder and massively better than those Pilots. And they're *really cheap*. Vs. a 195/55x15 you'll end up with the ride height just 0.1" lower.

Mike

*thumbup*Thanks to all, it looks like I will have to lose the prisoners and pilots then. What are they worth? (In crap condition is has to be said)

Also, where could I buy the 13" replacements and the 70 profiles? Does anyone have contact details for George Polley?

cheers

Prisoners are worth anythig from £150-£250 judging by recent sets!!

They are quite useful to us sprinters in Class 2 & 4 of the L7Club championship as the tyre of choice for 2005 was only available in 15 & 16"......lets hope they stay on the list 1a choices for 2006 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

153bhp and 184lb/ft ??????????????????? My arse *tongue*