Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trophy 160 short engine for sale

oilyhands

Foresail,

Trophy 160 short engine, 24,000 miles, fitted with new big-end shells and rings, crank polished, liners freshly glaze busted, liner heights set to correct stand-proud. Tougher 160 pistons. In perfect order, ideal for 1400 to 1800 upgrade.. Includes oil pump, 1800 cam belt sprocket and matching pulley. £475.

Oily

Edited by - oilyhands on 18 Oct 2005 23:11:02

Hi Oily,

Remember my mail from last week 😬 ?

If you think it's better going for a 1.8 K short engine to match the VHPD head, I'm definitively interested in this option ... so first dibs until I get a confirmation on this from you *thumbup*

Bruno

Bruno... if your after a complete v. high spec head for the trophy base unit, I have one lying in the garage belonging to our AO, Johnty Lyons (cams, valves, verniers, solid followers etc.. the works). At the last count it was 200+bhp on 1800 bottom end with this head, using std crank, forged pistons and steel rods. JJ went to 1900 spec with a new DVA head. The old head was done by Oily whom I'm sure will verify this and probably even knows the spec.

At this stage I'd need to check with JJ that he still has it up for sale.

Emerald Isle's 1st SV 148lbft @ 6091rpm/182bhp @ 6690rpm engineered for low revs

Timbo,

Thanks for that *thumbup* ... but allready have a genuine VHPD head & PTP TB's.

Also allready have a complete 1.6 K SS engine, so asked myself what would be best : fit the VHPD head to the 1.6 K bottom end and sell the SS-kit or fit it to a 1.8 K short engine and sell the 1.6 K SS as a complete unit *confused*

Either option will need an emerald 😬