Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Laser Diffusers and Radar Detectors

Lardy

Seriously thinking about buying some protection (no not condoms Jimbo8). Has anyone had any experience with this type of product? I believe that Diffusers are illegal to jam police guns but not illegal to open your garage door. Anyone know more info?

I may have had a Snooper SLD920 on my Audi and I might be inclined to say it works. The systems whihc integrate the laser jammer with GPS, as to disable the jammer when one drives within the confines of the posted limit seem an excellent idea.

• Support Team

Jammers are pretty "dodgy". There is no specific law preventing their purchase or use but charges of "obstructing a police officer in the course of duty" or even "perverting the course of justice" may be laid. The first seems more likely but the second carries a pretty hefty penalty including jail. Search through the "Speed Plod and the Law" section of Pistonheads for more information and details of cases that have been brought.

Laser and radar detectors are soon to be made illegal in the Road Safety Act 2005 which is either now or soon to be before Parliament.

GPS based devices which warn of camera locations will not be affected by the legislation.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Laser and radar detectors are soon to be made illegal in the Road Safety Act 2005 which is either now or soon to be before Parliament.

This was missed recently due to Fony Blaire being patted on the back by his mates and it will takea good couple of years to go through again before they even decide to ban them.

X/FLOW 1700 DD 1990

ROAD USE ONLY..SO FAR