Click here if you are having website access problems ×

In the Peaks

GregP

Clocked up 60 odd miles in the Caterham in a very foggy peak district on Sunday 😬 Not surprising I wasn't spotted in the murk....

Didn't see any other Caterhams but did get a wave from a Morgan, an MGB and a Westfield but was completely ignored by the driver of what appeared to be a DAX who's entire head and neck stuck up above his screen and roll-bar. Bet he caught a few flies *eek*

I did two trips. One at about 9am, the other at about 3pm. One journey foggier than the other! I'm based on the south side of Sheffield so was trundling around between Hathersage, Castleton, Baslow, wherever the mood took me really but didn't make it out Buxton way. Only just moved down here so still exploring the Peaks and finding they really are 7 heaven *cool*

Which way were you headed from Buxton?

We were zig zagging either side of the A6, ended up in Ashbourne for a Bacon Butty. People I was out with were from Cheshire/North Staffs/Derbyshire area, normally meet at the garage in Newhaven on the A515/A5012 juction. This one was organised by email rather than on BC. Nick Chan is the driving force behind it.

Dusty Miller