Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Airbox - bulk buy??

Griff

Thanks Dave, can remember seeing this box on here before but couldnt find the link,this is the shape im looking for, a glass one carved up to make a box with two round ends may be easier than trying to make one from scratch, will see if they do one without the duct first.

kevin R

black-ali HPC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I owe you all an apology as with current work commitments I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. It seems there's a definite demand for a bulk buy of airboxes to suit both K and VX. So far I've only got as far as a verbal 10% discount for the BS airbox. I've also been sent a sample by Jon Selby at Custom Carbon which is a nice piece of kit but will neet lots of work to fit a Caterham, especially a "K". Jon would be interesting in pricing a new CF design if we can send him details.

Not quite as light but probably far cheaper to make (in a modest quantity), potentially quieter due to its mass and certainly more colourful would be a rotationally moulded plastic airbox. Whilst I can get drawings etc prepared easily and have a few industry connections to get it made, I don't have the time to make a mockup to check clearances etc.

Having started this snowball, if anybody out there is interested in assisting with it then I'd be more than grateful. What I will do this week is compile a definitive list of those who've expressed interested so far to get an accurate number for production.

Cheers,

Mike (Griff)

It's not pink, it's medium red violet... 😬