Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Should my heater fan switch light up when its on ?

greg

It's a little known fact that when the heater fan is operating it draws in air through the bonnet vents in the critical area of turbulence just in front of the windscreen. This ensures that the boundary layer remains attached as air sweeps over the windscreen, thus maintaining the cars excellent aerodynamic characteristics.

The more observant among you may notice that knowledgable drivers switch their heaters on to gain that little bit of extra speed as they pass you on the straight. Naturally Superlight and R500 owners lack this essential advantage and attempt to make it up through engine tweaks and weight reduction, when all they need is a simple heater.

I have recently labelled my heater switch "Turbo Boost".

X7 LOT - The now proven R500 heater.

Highspeed muckspreadingwink.gif

De7on - I shall remember that tip for tomorrow as I have a day booked at Kemble

it shall be a good excuse to keep the heater on, and have an argument to back me up when others call me a wuss

rob - about to freeze his nads off tomorrow (should that be on the fetish thread blush.gif )

Edited by - robmar on 13 Dec 2001 16:57:36

I see some people think a heater is ammusing !

Thanks to those whom have given sensible answers.

THe rest of you, and you know who you are, are being a little silly. I take it that you are all out driving your 7's. Hum ....

On a performance note - 2CV's go quicker with a heater adds nearly 2 MPH to the top speed!

Greg, Q 880 RAE (Green/Ali XF)