Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Possible BB of ZF LSD's THIS IS CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF DEMAND

oldbutnotslow

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martin,

Sooner than that. I am hoping to draw a line in 1 week and take the ordering process forward from there.

So far we are at 11 confirmed. I will need to see if this affects the final price with Quaife

I would have thought a further week to get all the orders sorted ie supply only etc. I dont know if there will be any delay in supply from Quaife.

I hope that this helps.

Are you on the definite list?

Grant

😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

here

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 20 Nov 2005 22:37:30

Thanks for the update. I should have been a bit more specific with my question! Cash isn't so much the problem for me, it's more I'm not going to have any time until the New Year (and no garage now!) to remove the old Diff, send off and fit the new one.

Is there a window of time that Quaife want to work on these? I'd imagine to realise the savings of doing a bulk buy they don't want to be doing things in dribs and drabs?

Sorry for the continued questions, I really appricate the time that being spent in organising this for the benifit of the members. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

M.

Martin Saunders

ohh, is it upgrade time? :)

Martin,

I'm in a similar boat..

or rather my Caterham is!

It is stuck on a container ship coming back from the US. I am not going to be in a position to have the car back, and remove the diff for fitting until christmas eve!

My plan therefore is, if the deadline for sending the diff to Quaife is before 24th Dec, I will get parts only in the BB. I will then find someone local(ish) to me to fit the parts once I have the diff out of my car. This might even save me money as I might be able to get away then without the £70 for new diff bearings (my car is only 2.5 years old and has done 25K miles).

Martin & Neil

You dont have a problem. *thumbup* *smile*

You dont have to have the diff fitted by Quaife you and just buy the diff and have it fitted at your convienience by someone else. For example I will use Phil at Road and Race to set mine up. If you look back in the posts you will see a price indication for Phil at R&R for fitting/setting up. you will need to confirm this with him of course. *thumbup*

As far as ordering is concerned It will have to be one order which I will have to pay for. I will in the not too distant future ask for cheques which I wont cash untill everything is set and the order is ready to be given. I will warn you when this will be.

I need to get the final numbers in to make certain of the price with Quaife first.

I hope that this helps.

Grant

😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

here

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 21 Nov 2005 14:11:31